Sign in to follow this  
~Crims~

Enterprise And The Dominion Wars

I'm not sure how the TNG movies worked in regards to how what was going in those movies related to what was going on in DS9, but I wonder, where was the Enterprise during the dominion wars. Did the crew move to the Enterprise-E yet? I mean, I find it weird that the flagship of the federation was never mentioned, seen, or seemingly partook in the major battles that were shown on the show. And since Picard had a lot experience with Gowron and the Klingons in general, I'm surprised star fleet wouldn't have involved him the matter of the Klingons breaking off the alliance... yes I think too much when I watch episodes but regardless. Would have been cool to see Picard involved in the war... like maybe just show the Enterprise with the fleet, kicking *buttocks*, and then later on Picard and Sisko can talk via the view screen or something like that wouldn't involved bringing the whole crew back.

The only mention of the Dominion Wars in the TNG movies that I can think of was at the beginning of Insurrection. Picard was talking about all of the diplomatic missions the Enterprise-E was being sent on because the diplomatic corp was busy with Dominion negotiations. Later in the movie Ruafo mentions the Dominion when talking to the Admiral but only as part of list of enemies that the Federation had done battle with lately. I can't think of any reference in Generations or First Contact.

The only mention of the Dominion Wars in the TNG movies that I can think of was at the beginning of Insurrection.  Picard was talking about all of the diplomatic missions the Enterprise-E was being sent on because the diplomatic corp was busy with Dominion negotiations.  Later in the movie Ruafo mentions the Dominion when talking to the Admiral but only as part of list of enemies that the Federation had done battle with lately.  I can't think of any reference in Generations or First Contact.

ah ok. I never picked up that up when I watched Insurrection because at the time I was only familiar with the first Season of DS9, though I vaguely knew about the Dominion.

Also, the Enterprise is the most powerful ship in the fleet, I think, so I don't know, I would have liked to have seen some kind of cameo involving the Enterprise in DS9, hehe. :laugh:

The Dominion War is set durring DS9's last 2 seasons. Here's a timeline that should help you.

Look at it like this...

Dominion War

2374 - DS9 season 6 / VOY season 4

2375 - DS9 season 7 / VOY season 5 / Star Trek Insurrection

See, the movie ST:FC was set durring DS9's 5th season, while ST:N is set 4 years after DS9 ended, 2 years after VOY got home.

The only mention of the Dominion Wars in the TNG movies that I can think of was at the beginning of Insurrection.  Picard was talking about all of the diplomatic missions the Enterprise-E was being sent on because the diplomatic corp was busy with Dominion negotiations.  Later in the movie Ruafo mentions the Dominion when talking to the Admiral but only as part of list of enemies that the Federation had done battle with lately.  I can't think of any reference in Generations or First Contact.

Click for Spoiler:

There was also a mention of the Dominion in Nemesis

I wasn't sure if you have seen the movie so I put the spoiler warning just in case.

It would have been awesome to see the Enterprise help defend DS9. One hell of a space battle I'm sure.

Well "timelines" and "mention's" of the War in movies still don't address the question of "where the Enterprise was during the dominion wars". There were plenty of times during a DS9 episode I wondered the same thing, my answer was always to be found in one word, Money. :angry:

I always took it as the Enterprise being busy with other issues, such as the diplomatic missions mentioned in Insurrection.

Stardate:213488.9

I cant remeber where I heard it but I think the Enterprise was getting a refit and having repairs done during the major battles.I dont know.

I always thought that during the war sisko was in charge of the area around ds9 and that picard was in charge in a different area so they would never have come together but that is only what I thought at the time I knew though that it was just because they did not want to pay money for the guest stars money.

The Enterprise probably took part in some off-screen battles. For all we know, she was part of the 7th fleet, one of the few surviving ships from the 14 to limp home in 'A Time to Stand', and involved in the fight to retake Betazed. She could have been anywhere, but I know one thing- Starfleet would be insane to keep their most advanced ship out of the fighting.

Ent-E was a ship of war :)

anyway, there are 2 TNG books set during the first Months of the war...but like I said..just books....great books...but just books.

Re-watch Star Trek: Insurrection. You can tell from the scene with the short-aliens, that durring the war, the Enterprise was busing making allies. There's even a scene, can't remember details, but Picard says something about going off to go negotiantions with the Dominion. I'll check the movie later. :)

Like I said, the Ent-E is the most advanced ship in the fleet. It would mad to keep it out of the fighting. More than likely it took part in battles we didn't see.

Like I said, the Ent-E is the most advanced ship in the fleet.  It would mad to keep it out of the fighting.  More than likely it took part in battles we didn't see.

You're probably right. It could have been used as a defense ship around Vulcan or Betazed. Sisko had the area near Caradassian Space and Picard had the area around Romulan and Klingon space perhaps. I don't remember Sisko and friends ever going near Vulcan or Betazed for any battles. But I know there were mentions of battles for Vulcan and such, so the Enterprise might have been the flagship there. But nevertheless I still maintain it would have been really cool to have the Defiant and the Enterprise-E side by side destroying some Jem'Hadar.

Any crossover in my opinion is cool :-) ehehe

But, I think I like the 2 hypothesis, about the diplomatic missions and about the defence of Vulcan and Betazed

But well, they are also money and availability in the balance :T

I don't think money was an issue. After all there have been a lot of crossovers in Trek so I don't think that bringingPicard in for one more episode would have made that much difference. There must be an answer to this question somewhere. One of the great things about Trek is that EVERYTHING has a reason for happening...

And yes, it would have been cool to see both Ships fight side-by-side. Maybe the Defiant could have been getting its *buttocks* kicked (after destroying various Dominion ships of course B) ) and the Ent-E could have rescued it and the accompanied the Defiant, thus allowing the terrible twosome to wreck havoc for an episode or two. :wacko:

I dont want to sound a grump but crossovers are only good when they pop up once in a blue moon. To have them all the time would be like puting fruit in a blender. The series would just be one big thing, cross wired and tacky.

The Enterprise-E crew was involved in at least the retaking of Betazed from the Dominion, according to this novel. But it is a novel so everyone may not consider it a part of canon.

When the last ep of ds9 rolled out their was this rumor where worf would return to the enterprise e and that they would have it docked at ds9. but alas that wasn't the case. Kind of a shame because the defiant made an appearance in first contact so I was hoping the enterprise-e would make some kind of cameo in the final battle. Heck I wouldn't mind seeing it in the far far far background shooting some dominion ship. Maybe they decided to keep it back since it was an important flagship, after all we didn't see the Neghvar (that huge klingon flagship) anywhere either.

I wondered about that,too.Maybe Starfleet felt the Enterprise and her crew were too valuable to risk on the front lines?There are some non-official TNG Dominion War novels,like the Battle of Betazed,and another featuring the Maquis Ro Laren (can't think of the name just now....). :) Pretty good reads.

During all the big battles in DS9 we never saw the Enterprise. But we weren't watching every battalion. Sisko was usually leading a group of ships. The Enterprise, since it is a flagship was probably doing the same. Therfore, to show us the Enterprise, you'd have to leave Sisko's fighting area.

During all the big battles in DS9 we never saw the Enterprise.  But we weren't watching every battalion.  Sisko was usually leading a group of ships.  The Enterprise, since it is a flagship was probably doing the same.  Therfore, to show us the Enterprise, you'd have to leave Sisko's fighting area.

Excellent point,Captain!

:)

During all the big battles in DS9 we never saw the Enterprise.  But we weren't watching every battalion.  Sisko was usually leading a group of ships.  The Enterprise, since it is a flagship was probably doing the same.  Therfore, to show us the Enterprise, you'd have to leave Sisko's fighting area.

Excellent point,Captain!

:dude:

That is a good point, but would the Enterprise have to be there at all? They could be using the Enterprise for more important duty protecting Earth or Vulcan. The question I have is where are the Andorians? They are a militant race in Enterprise and are a founding member of the Federation, why didn't they have a visible role in protecting their quadrant? Were they even mentioned? I can't recall hearing them mentioned.