Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Whats The Saddest Thing You Have Ever Heard From..

This isn't from a trekkie, but I was talking about Star Trek and my cousin said "Star Trek, isn't that the one with Luke Skywalker?" I'm sure he only said it to tick me off and he deffinetly succeded.

Yeah...stuff like that gets to me too...*twitches*

I read on another Forum...This Girl and her Mom went to see The Phantom Menace...and after the Movie...the mom asked..."Where was Mr.Spock?"

Yeah...stuff like that gets to me too...*twitches*

I read on another Forum...This Girl and her Mom went to see The Phantom Menace...and after the Movie...the mom asked..."Where was Mr.Spock?"

I don’t see what was wrong with that. Clearly the intelligent young lady would rather see a Star Trek film involving Mr Spock rather than see Mr Lucas attempting to find his lost ability to write comprehensible dialog.

on the other board, i have read on many people being picked on for being Trek fans or guys talking about how they would love to meet a girl that liked or at least understood some of Trek. I think it is kind of lonely sounding to not have anyone to share a fond interest with. That is why conventions are so great. It is like going to Star Trek Church.

I was going to leave early from gymnastics class to go see First Contact when it first came out. And my classmates wanted to know why I was leaving over an hour early, and I told them why....and they said (and I am not kidding!) "Why are you going to see something stupid like Star Trek?! That stuff is SOOO dumb, and we know you are smart!" I just glared at them and left. I was just so mad at them for calling Star Trek dumb, and then I saw the movie and when the lights came back up in the theater I got even more angry at them! You see, about 4 of my teammates that agreed with the three girls saying that Trek was dumb....WERE IN THE THEATERS WATCHING FC!!! And then I found out they just agreed with the girls so they weren't called dumb, because they and their families are ST fans!!

Okay, I see what you're after. Several years I was discussing TNG in the lunchroom at work. One of my co-workers replied with some derision that she preferred more realistic shows like "The Love Boat" to Star Trek - got to wonder what reality she lived in.

I was watching TNG with my roommate once and she asked if the transporter was real technology.  I though that was pretty sad.

Your roommate wasn't the only one. I understand the Dalai Lama was disappointed to find out he couldn't be transported when he visited the TNG set. Have you seen that picture of the Dalai Lama, a group of monks who were with him and Brent Spiner in Data costume and make-up. It is so surreal.

I heard about the picture, but I had never seen it. Plus, I remember hearing the part where he was upset about not being transported.

Well I knew someone who claimed that he learned how to kiss by watching Captain Kirks example on TOS!!!!!  :laugh: B) :wow:

Yikes!!! str.gif That's one guy I'd never want to kiss. bedlam.gif

I was watching TNG with my roommate once and she asked if the transporter was real technology.  I though that was pretty sad.

Your roommate wasn't the only one. I understand the Dalai Lama was disappointed to find out he couldn't be transported when he visited the TNG set. Have you seen that picture of the Dalai Lama, a group of monks who were with him and Brent Spiner in Data costume and make-up. It is so surreal.

Well...actually....Aussie Scientis have made a Beta x A Billion Transporter...or somethimg like that....I'll look it up

Well...actually....Aussie Scientis have made a Beta x A Billion Transporter...or somethimg like that....I'll look it up

I'd be very interested in that if you find the info. :laugh:

Not really the saddest thing said but the most surprising...

My sister, her husband and I had spent most of a Saturday watching a Star Trek Marathon on our local cable station when the next door neighbour's son came into the lounge room and said, "Oh no! Not another lot of Trekheads!"

When we questioned him further, he listed 6 other people, all in the same street in a small country town mind you, spending their Saturday glued to Star Trek..... if only everyone would be less shy about being a fan because we could have held a party and enjoyed the Marathon together... Oh well!

I'd rather watch Jerry Springer than that rubbish.... (Star Trek)

That is a sad statement....

IMHO, that statement should be turned around. I tried watching 3 minutes of Springer.....and that was it for me, never never never again will I even let 30 milliseconds of that show cross my eyes again, that is a really yucky show!

Now Trek, especially TNG...I can watch all day long!

Not really the saddest thing said but the most surprising...

My sister, her husband and I had spent most of a Saturday watching a Star Trek Marathon on our local cable station when the next door neighbour's son came into the lounge room and said, "Oh no! Not another lot of Trekheads!"

When we questioned him further, he listed 6 other people, all in the same street in a small country town mind you, spending their Saturday glued to Star Trek..... if only everyone would be less shy about being a fan because we could have held a party and enjoyed the Marathon together...  Oh well!

TNN's next marathon is April 27. Get out the party invitations!! :laugh:

Ok, another funny , but really sad thing I heard from another Star Trek fan, was when I went on a trip with a group of kids when I was 13(we went to Russia). One of my new friends was convinced that she was, and tried desperately to convince the other kids that she was a member of the Q Continuum. And if they weren't nice to her and her friends that she would cause disasterous things to happen to the other kids and to the planet itself.

This whole thing was funny, until I talked to her and found out that she wasn't joking and she really believed all that she said. That is when it became sad for me. 1000's of miles from home and she believes she is a Q.

I don't know if you would consider this a sad statement, but when I overheard this comment, I cringed.

It was while I was leaving the theater after seeing The Wrath of Khan. As all of you know, the movie ends with Spock's death and his coffin being shot into space and landing on the Genesis planet. Just before the scene shows Spock's coffin on the planet's surface, they show it orbiting the planet. This woman I overheard must have taken a bathroom break right after that, because as I was leaving the theater, bummed over Spock's death, I heard this woman talking to her companion. "Wow, that was neat how they reincarnated Spock. They turned him into the sun!"