Sign in to follow this  
Ace

Best Movie Intro

Which movie had the best opening scenes?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which movie had the best opening scenes?

• I- V'ger cloud destroys Klingon battlecruisers
    • II- Kobayashi Maru simulation
    • III- Commander Kruge's BoP destroys merchant ship
    • IV- Probe neutralizes U.S.S. Saratoga
    • V- Sybok converting one of the farmers
    • VI- Praxis shockwave hitting U.S.S. Excelsior
    • VII- Enterprise-B launched then damaged in Nexus/ Kirk lost
    • VIII- Picard dreams of experiences while a Borg
    • IX- Data goes berserk in Ba'ku village
    • X- Assassination of the Romulan Senate

OK, this is a poll I did on another board a while back. Had to be corrected on one of the beginnings, so let me know if I need to tweak any of the choices.

Which opening was your favorite, the most exciting, or the most interesting? Give your answer and tell us why. :dude:

I think the opening of First Contact is best when i saw it at the cinema it freaked me out it really wakes you up and makes you pay attention. :dude::dude:

Maybe I'm just "Old School" but ST II's opening was the best, my reactin to it in the movies was "What's going on here?" I believe we knew Spock was supposed to be killed but we didn't expect it in the opening scenes and who was this Vulcvan woman that was in command??

Then the wall opens and Kirk comes out and everyone stands up. It was great.

If I had've been a Trekkie in the early 80s and went to see Wrath of Khan, seeing a young female Captain and the Enterprise crew killed like that would have gotten me fooled! Very dramatic.

Howeverm, as for music and atmosphere, I would go with First Contact. That music was great. So melancholy and a great set up for what was to come.

I voted for The Wrath of Khan. Probably the best directed and edited film of the series, I don't there is much more that I can add to what has already been said on this thread.

My second favorite is TMP, not my second favorite film but the action sequence at the beginning is certainly memorable. Sadly TMP is often underrated by many.

I came so close to voting for TMP..It was a great opening scene and it really is one of my favorite Trek movies. I did go with Trek II..That opening Kobayashi Maru scene just blew me away in the theatre..And it still does every time I see it..It's fantastic..

I was partial to the destruction of the Romulan Senate in "Nemesis", only because it is the only time in any Trek movie/show that we actually got to see the Senate. It exemplifies the Trek mantra of "going where no one has gone before"!

I voted for Generations. Although I also enjoyed the Kobayashi Maru simulation. Both were great opening sequences and served to pull viewers into the story immediately.

VIII- Picard dreams of experiences while a Borg.

I like how the credit words seem to come out of my head coming to focus on the screen, very dream like. Then we're shown Picard was dreaming. Very good foreshadowing.

Tie between Trek II and VI when Sulu FINALLY has his own ship. Plus, his "Are you kidding?" line and his look in that shot are priceless...

I voted for the Kobayashi Maru intro. It seemed like a real ship battle but was a great opening to the movie. Runner ups are Generations and First Contact.

300 posts!!!

Second for me would be TMP. I love that opening scene. And the music just makes it better. TMP is by far one of my favourites. But I still think Insurrection was the best with Data going haywire. I wasn't sure what would happen next, and that is always good.

(And congrats on the 300 posts, Jack)

I'm actually a little surprised; last time I did this the votes were a little more spread out.

Also, my fave was doing a little better. :)

I'll just copy my answer from last time:

"Mine would have to be:

VI- THE BEST OPENING SCENE MUSIC. Exciting, any opening w/ the Excelsior is great, good enough acting, good effects, we get to see Sulu with his own command for the first time.

I- I have to say, it's the music. I practically hate ST-I, but the special effects and sound effects in the opening are perfect for the scene's mood. Also very exciting

VII- Longer than most intros, nice beauty shots of the E-B, good effects, don't really care for Alan Ruck as Capt. though

IV- I'm not sure why, though the sound effects are ,again, good. Sound can really make or break an intro.

then VIII, II and IX. The rest I don't really like, with V being the worst."

Stardate:213999.6

Opening of Generations was awsome IMO with Kirk being "killed".I remeber when I first it i was like OMG!!!!! No they cant kill Kirk no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I would of rather have him die like that then how he did.Saving the Enterprise.It would of been more fitting.

First Contact opening scene for me (followed closely by the Nemesis opening). It's so scary to see that implant coming out of Jean-Luc's cheek B) :)

When I saw it for the first time I was like: WHOA! Poor Jean-Luc!!!! He turns into Locutus again! :)

Mrs. Captain Picard

It would have to be the assassination of the Romulan Senate in Nemesis. I started crying before the movie even got to the sad part! But when one of the central government bodies of your planet is completely annihilated... what can I say?

Hmm tuff one this cuz i am torn between my fav trek film TWOK and VI- Praxis shockwave hitting U.S.S. Excelsior hmmmm i vote for the last one :)

Maybe I'm just "Old School" but ST II's opening was the best, my reactin to it in the movies was "What's going on here?" I believe we knew Spock was supposed to be killed but we didn't expect it in the opening scenes and who was this Vulcvan woman that was in command??

Then the wall opens and Kirk comes out and everyone stands up. It was great.

103759[/snapback]

I like kickin' it "old school" too, so I went with ST:VI ... Praxis blowing up and shockwaves hitting the Excelsior. Sulu rocked in that movie. It was good to see him in the captain's chair.