Sign in to follow this  
NordicBearskin

Wow!

I was randomly flicking through Star Trek websites when I came across wilwheaton.net. It quickly becomes clear that he's actualy quite bitter about the whole 'Wesley Crusher' thing. He says twice that there were people out to get him and who used Gene Roddenberry's illness to attack Wesley. It's surprising how much it affected him. It also turns out that he has a (very) big ego.

Here is the website. It makes for fairly entertaining reading.

I've looked through the website and I agree, he has a very big ego...

When you hear him talk about TNG on the DVD mission logs he says he liked it and all that, and then you read the website and he says something completely different... Strange.. :dude:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I don't think he has a very big ego at all. He's a very humble, down-to-earth, and funny guy. He's extremely nice and a great writer, to boot. Have you read any of his entries in his web log? Or, "blog" as they are called? Try reading a few. I just read a few of them last year, and I got hooked. I check his page every day to see if there's something new. He has a new book coming out called Just a Geek. It's an autobiography. Does that title sound like a guy with a big ego to you?

I agree with ensign_beedrill. I love his site. His blog is wonderful. He admits that when he was on TNG that he was an absolute *buttocks* in his personal life and once he realized what an *buttocks* he had become he changed. I think he is incredibly down to earth, funny and talented. I've got his book "Dancing Barefoot" and it's wonderful. You should also take a listen to some of his audio blogs too. They can be quite entertaining as well.

Wil Wheaton dot Net

He may be overestimating his skills just a bit, but I haven't read through the whole site so I guess I should do that before I make anymore comments :dude:

I'm also in agreement with ensign_beedrill. I've been reading Will Wheaton's site for several months because his entries are always interesting - even when he writes about when he has writer's block! He also has a lot of good links. I was suprised to find out how politically active he is.

BTW, if anyone gets the chance, go to your local video store and check out his movie "Book of Days". Very thought-provoking.

I like the site and I think Wes rocks. He is my third favorite character in all of Star Trek. I agree with Tinadoll.

I like his web page. It is nice to get to know an actor from "the horse's moth." I thought he get screwed in the Star Trek movies. If they where not going to show him at all in the movie than they should not treat like an extra.

Hmm, I liked it. He's very frank about what happened. I'm sure other people have other stories, but he seems quite genuine. Best quote from that site:

It's because I liked Robbie so much that I couldn't crack on Voyager too hard, even though it sucks.

Couldn't agree more.

He certainly is a 'personality' who expresses his own mind and is ready to speak his mind about issues and what he sees. Quite a lot of expletives! Audio blogs and written logs are quite interesting. Never hated Wil. It made sense to me that the Enterprise would have a teenager who was smart and interested in the ship. His character could have had more development though.

wow this site is really offensive.. entertaining but offensive what he says bout trek he is a real... well i shouldnt say that word on here but u know... listen to this

Well what the hell are you doing buying a fullscreen version of anything?

is it just me or is that extremly offensive?

take a look at this... it is kind of mature so i put it in a spoiler..

Click for Spoiler:

Yep. It is 100% true. Ashley Judd played Robin Lefler, in the episode "The Game", and Uncle Willie went to bootytown.

this guy is really screwed up..

Click for Spoiler:

Yep. It is 100% true. Ashley Judd played Robin Lefler, in the episode "The Game", and Uncle Willie went to bootytown.

Sounds like he's being honest about a relationship he had, to me. I don't think Wil Wheaton is such a bad guy, but he gets a bad rap from all the jealous people who wish they were like ensign Crusher.

By the way, I would classify myself as an Ensign Crusher type officer. I always save the day. Yeah, right.

I had a crush on the guy and he seems like a pretty decent human. So what for the swearing. He is aiming the website for addults!