Sign in to follow this  
Gotabite

Favorite Meal On Christmas Day

What Is your favorite Christmas meal? Being that I don't eat red meat; I eat a great deal of sea food, chicken and turkey throughout the year. So on Christmas Day, I look forward to roast duck, wild rice, baked apples, candied yams, turnip or collard greens, corn bread dressing and cranberry sauce..........H-m-m-m, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. What kind of meal do others of you look forward to on Christmas? :hat: :biggrin:

we usually have seafood and a lamb roast! mmmhmm!

;Ah! Lamb used to be my favorite meat...I must say, I do miss lamb. :biggrin:

Lamb isn't red meat, is grey meat :biggrin:

We usually have a lot of red meat for Christmas... since we had Turkey for both Thanksgivings... MMm... two thanksgivings... *drools*

we usually have seafood and a lamb roast! mmmhmm!

98041[/snapback]

Lamb...mmmmm, I have not had that in a long while. That stuff is very good!

Our big meal is done on Christmas Eve, and that is Prime Rib.

Breakfast on Christmas Day is Sour Cream Waffles, Romegrot (Those of you here who are Scandinavian probably recognize this, though a) I know I misspelled it probably :blush 2: and b ) it is a wedding porridge, though I have read that it is often served at other special occasions. But my mom made it once to try, and the whole family adored it....especially my sister & myself, so we tend to make it on a few special occasions-including my sister's wedding day), and sometimes we go all out and include Krumkake (again Scandinavians will more than likely recognize this, for those who do not it is kind of in a way similar to a waffle cone for ice cream)

Then of course there is the fudge and the lefse(again Scandinavian, for those who do not know this food it is a type of potato pancake)

ok... very hungry thinking of this, and going to the Scandinavian sites looking for possible images to share with you all so you can see the foods I described was not such a good idea :P :P Now I am VERY hungry :P

Edited by Yillara_Soong

This is what we will be eating at my parents house..

Turkey...with apple sauce

roast potatoes

yorkshire puddings

sprouts...eawww i wont be touching them :P

Stuffing...

Ater that

Christmas pudding or christmas cake but knowing me it will be both :P

My mother's Christmas meal is usually quite similar to her Thanksgiving meal. It is something I look forward to as much as Thanksgiving.

It consists of Turkey and dressing, cranberry sauce, green beans and/or peas, sweet potatoes, sphaghetti and cheese, salad plate, and homemade rolls. Lately they have also been buying a honey-baked ham. All the years of my life ( I am 48) my only repsonsibility was the salad plate. I tried to help make the rolls one year and my batch came out flat. Mother served those first, to make people eat them.

So this Christmas will be different because mother informed me that she did not feel strong enough to cook the Christmas dinner, and that I would be doing it...she would just give me directions. I am sure that there will be something on the table this Christmas day, but I am not looking forward to it as I did in the days mom did the cooking.

MJ, I highly recommend cooking a turkey in one of those oven bags. Although since it is just me and my mom - I just bought one of those little turkey breasts without all the other parts.

I can't say I've had a traditional Christmas dinner - there were many years I didn't spend Christmas living near family. I have a special memory of tamales at Christmas but nothing really particular about a traditional meal.

:unsure: My employer gave us a ham so this years meal with have ham in it. I don't eat meat very often beside fowl or fish but I'll eat a piece or two and cook it for Daniel. I'm not sure what to serve with it. I imagine I'll do dressing, green beans, baked potatoes, dinner rolls and perhaps a fried apple pie (my momma's recipe.)

:elephant: My employer gave us a ham so this years meal with have ham in it.  I don't eat meat very often beside fowl or fish but I'll eat a piece or two and cook it for Daniel.  I'm not sure what to serve with it.  I imagine I'll do dressing, green beans, baked potatoes, dinner rolls and perhaps a fried apple pie (my momma's recipe.)

290926[/snapback]

Scalloped potatoes are soooo excellent with ham!!! I have about 7 or 8 recipes for them if you need one.

We usually have turkey, mashed potatoes, a couple of vegetables depending on my mom's mood and her special dessert after. It's pretty similar to our Thanksgiving dinner but since our Thanksgiving is a month earlier than in the States it makes it the perfect amount of time between major turkey days.

We usually have ham (with scalloped potatoes) on New Year's Day.

roast potatoes, sprouts, stuffing, ....*forgets* and meat, which i am not found of.

then we have a choice of loads of cakes, i gotta try at least a few :elephant: