Sign in to follow this  
~Crims~

Characters Being Written Out...

I think more so than in any other Trek main characters were written out of, or were seen very rarely in certain episodes. For example, the episode where Quark becomes a woman... only him and Odo, from the main cast, seem to be in it (from my memory) with Odo only having about 2 minutes. And a lot of the Bashir episodes had almost no one else... the episode I saw today Chrysalis didn't even have Worf in it, and every once else except Dax had about 1 minute. Why do you think this was done so much (especially in the last 3 and half seasons)? Was it to focus on the character whom the story revolved around or another reason? Was it a smart or a bad choice?

I think it was a good thing for the developement of the characters. The characters of DS9 were far deeper then most shows so the extra attnetion was a good thing.

What annoyed me was in "what you leave behind". They didn't include Terry Farrell in the closing "memory " eps. I know she left the show but do they honestly expect us to believe that Worf didn't have ONE memory of Jadzia !! :devil:

What annoyed me was in "what you leave behind". They didn't include Terry Farrell in the closing "memory " eps. I know she left the show but do they honestly expect us to believe that Worf didn't have ONE memory of Jadzia !! :devil:

They really should have done something showing her. I won'der if anything was ever said as to why they didn't.

I have been saying that about Terry Farrell/Jadzia not being shown in "What You Leave Behind" ever since the episode first aired ... now what would have been the big deal about at least a wedding flashback as Worf was leaving the station????? I was fairly ticked off about that. And so what if they would have had to pay Farrell for using a clip of her ... it would have been nice for us fans. I too have wondered if any of TPTB ever said anything about it in any interviews. I would be very interested to hear what they have to say.

As for the main topic here, I liked it when they focused on one character and the rest of the cast had the night off. It didn't just happen in the last couple of seasons, though. They did it throughout the run of the show ... this show was so "character" driven from the get-go. As time went on I came to like all the characters, even Bashir, so for the most part the single-character stories were fine.