Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

The Indiana Jones Trilogy

I know this is a little lame but it's something I've wondered about for a some time now without bringing it up to anyone, I cannot think of a better place to ask for opinions than here.

First let me say we have not watched our copy of the trilogy yet.

I know part 3 was meant to be a "prequel" to the series right? So in your opinion, could it (3) be viewed first, Temple 2nd and the best of all: Raiders last and still make chronological sense?

Thanks in advance!

Part 2 is actually the prequel.

I always watch them in the order they were made, but I have heard that if you watch them in order :Temple, Crusade, Raiders.

But I could very well be wrong. Crusade could be a prequel as well. (I do not think so though.)

You want a good source with this? Ask Indy. Lol.

Ok Indy, give it up, we require the information! :biggrin:

I thought Crusade was the prequel because of "Young Indy" being in it...

No that was just a small part at the beginning. It explained to the viewers how Indy became afraid of snakes, learned how to use a whip, and where he got his beloved hat. (Wow. That day certainly changed his life! Lol)

The chronological order is Temple of Doom (took place in 1935), Raiders of the Lost Ark (1936), and Last Crusade.

I prefer to watch them in the order they were released also (Raiders, Temple and Last Crusade). But I don't think it matters that much. This reminds me of another thread, and I felt the same way about that particular issue, I would view them in the order that the general public first viewed them. But that's just me. Enjoy!!

I always watch them in the order they were made, but I have heard that if you watch them in order :Temple, Crusade, Raiders.

But I could very well be wrong. Crusade could be a prequel as well. (I do not think so though.)

i disagree...crusade is the last becuase there is a scene in the sewer where eva notices a pricture of the ark on the wall.. and indy smirks that hes sure that its the ark...

temple-->ark--->crusade

i disagree...crusade is the last becuase there is a scene in the sewer where eva notices a pricture of the ark on the wall.. and indy smirks that hes sure that its the ark...

temple-->ark--->crusade

ya and the chapter numbers go in order of temple, raiders, crusade.

No that was just a small part at the beginning. It explained to the viewers how Indy became afraid of snakes, learned how to use a whip, and where he got his beloved hat. (Wow. That day certainly changed his life! Lol)

dont forget we also found out where he got the name indy from. :biggrin:

The chronological order is Temple of Doom (took place in 1935), Raiders of the Lost Ark (1936), and Last Crusade

Darn, Beat Me To It :biggrin:

And "Crusade" Is Set In 1938 btw :bow:

I Have Watched Them In The Chronological Timeline, But I Usualy Prefer Production Order For The Indy Movies, lol

And "Crusade" Is Set In 1938 btw :biggrin:

Thanks for saying that. I couldn't recall the date, although I knew it was set after the others. Thanks, Sam.

And "Crusade" Is Set In 1938 btw :blink:

Thanks for saying that. I couldn't recall the date, although I knew it was set after the others. Thanks, Sam.

You're Welcome :lol: