Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-B

I was just thinking. A while back, when Generations first came out, I remember people saying the Ent-B was either their favorite ship or butt-ugly.

So, what are your thoughts on this ship? Personally, I thought it made for an awesome Excelsior-class ship, especially for it's cool unique look. It doesn't seem that the Ent-B look caught on the Excelsior-class as the only other ship we've seen with the modifications is the Lakota.

Did you like the Enterprise-B?

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

I liked it's Bridge design a lot. I really enjoyed the Excelsior class starships, though they can't beat my fave Sovereign class :rolleyes:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Enterprise-B was a nice update of the Excelsior design.

Speaking of Excelsior, (and not Stan Lee) I thought the Excelsior bridge from ST 6 was a HUGE improvement over the ST 3 version.

Edited by Alterego

Enterprise-B was a nice update of the Excelsior design.

Speaking of Excelsior, (and not Stan Lee) I thought the Excelsior bridge from ST 6 was a HUGE improvement over the ST 3 version.

Agreed, the ST-6 Excelsior bridge rocked! :biggrin: However, I thought the Ent-B was a varriant, not an upgrade.

well it's been consitution class ship. the excelsoir, then ambassador, Galaxy, and Soverign. it's almost like it's enough ships to make bearing the name Enterprise.

Are you saying the Ent-B shouldn't have been Excelsior-class?

Here's an Enterprise timeline:

2151 - NX-01 Enterprise goes on first mission.

2245 - U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 is launched.

2285 - Enterprise destroyed via self destruct.

2286 - U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-A is launched.

2293 - Enterprise-A is decommissioned, the 1701-B is launched.

2344 - Enterprise-C is destroyed by Romulans.

2363 - Enterprise-D goes on first mission.

2371 - Enterprise-D is destroyed.

2372 - Enterprise-E is launched.

I was just thinking.  A while back, when Generations first came out, I remember people saying the Ent-B was either their favorite ship or butt-ugly.

So, what are your thoughts on this ship?  Personally, I thought it made for an awesome Excelsior-class ship, especially for it's cool unique look.  It doesn't seem that the Ent-B look caught on the Excelsior-class as the only other ship we've seen with the modifications is the Lakota.

Not really. I thought that class looked bulky. I did like the C. It was more streamlined.

there isn't really a point making it a excelior class ship

At the time, the Exselsior class ship was the next wave of ships. It was like the Galaxy class star ships. It only makes sense that the next Enterprise would have been the latest model. Watch the Space dock scenes in Search for Spock. It really gave me a feel that the Exselsior is some hip-hop new kid who thinks he knows it all, as opposed to the weathered, and aged crew of the Enterprise (I may exagerate a bit with my metaphors ;) oh well).

Edited by Lt. Commander Ericks

eh it was OK, personally I like the C, D and E better. Probably the E the most, though the D was the most familiar(of course after 7 years)

no im only saying that they could of made it the traditional Consitutional class. i really didn't like the Excelsor class ships.

no im only saying that they could of made it the traditional Consitutional class. i really didn't like the Excelsor class ships.

Are you basing that just on looks?

The constitution class was out-dated by then. It would be like the Navy making the next great battleship with blueprints from WWII.

Edited by Lt. Commander Ericks

Well, they wanted the Enterprise-B to be top-of-the-line, thus being Excelsior-class. Yes, the Constitution-class is very elegant, the Excelsior-class is far more advanced at the time. Personally, I thought the Excelsior-class was a beautiful design. ;)

I thought the Enterprise-B was a good ship and a logical progression from a Constitution-class. I've always thought Excelsior-class ships were pretty cool anyway too

I was just thinking.  A while back, when Generations first came out, I remember people saying the Ent-B was either their favorite ship or butt-ugly.

So, what are your thoughts on this ship?  Personally, I thought it made for an awesome Excelsior-class ship, especially for it's cool unique look.  It doesn't seem that the Ent-B look caught on the Excelsior-class as the only other ship we've seen with the modifications is the Lakota.

Not really. I thought that class looked bulky. I did like the C. It was more streamlined.

Agree with you on that one, I didn't really like the ENT-B design either.. The bridge was okey, though.

lol, when i got to see the movie again after 10 years, I was shocked to see the Ent-B is an Excelcior Class, i never knew that. lol :) :rofl:

Its nice, like all ships. :dude:

The Enterprise B was an alright ship. The Excelsior class was just becoming popular in this era, and I can see why the "B" was made Excelsior class. And it must be a solid design IF it is still being used in the late 24th century.

:cool:

It is still being used in the 24th century, Sulu himself is still out there patroling the neutral zone until Nemesis year 2379.

I think: so i've heard :grin:

I love the Excelsior class, but I can't decide on whether I like all the external modifications made to the B. The big differences are of course, the impulse engines and the added sections on the secondary hull behind the deflector. I like the impulse engines much better on the B, but those extra sections on the hull make the ship look a little strange to me. It isn't that bad, though, so I'd still take the Excel refit over the original - new color scheme and all.