Sign in to follow this  
Tank

Faith of the Heart

How do you feel about the Enterprise Theme 'Faith of the Heart'?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Enterprise Theme 'Faith of the Heart'?

• The old mix was better [URL=http://www.startrekfans.net/music/Faith.wvx]Listen Here[/URL]
    • The new mix is better [URL=http://www.startrekfans.net/music/Faith2.wvx]Listen Here[/URL]
    • They should never have used it in the first place!

Just when I finally got used to the first version, they reworked it. I agree, it has more of a country sound to it now, but since I eventually grew to like the first version, I'll give the new one a chance.

I like this song, and I suppose the song delineates that it is a break with treks before

I agree that the lyrics are epic enough to carry the sentiments and are therefore absolutly right for the show.

The re-mix would have been more appropriate for the beginning and not the third, considering the darker nature of the show.

Diane Warren, the writer of the song in question has official said that she dislikes re-mixes of her songs as she feels it to have been taken form it's original genesis point and to be honest, I have to agree with the woman, it does detract from the song lyrics

At the end as Brannon Braga said, don't like it turn the sound down!

I appreciate the song and perhaps also like the fact that the show isn't like a half million shows that have just orchestrations.

It took a while but I got used to the song and then really liked the idea.

They have ruined it now though - it sounds like some happy clappy church chorus or something :unsure: . They should have stuck with the original at least it had some weight and gravity to it and would have better reflected the new direction of series three.

It took a while but I got used to the song and then really liked the idea. 

They have ruined it now though - it sounds like some happy clappy church chorus or something :unsure: . They should have stuck with the original at least it had some weight and gravity to it and would have better reflected the new direction of series three.

Completely agree. Ever since I first heard the new version I have disliked it. Bring back the original Faith of the Heart.

I go with the original song.

The new style really doesn't fit neither to the spirit of the song (I agree with VBG for 100 %. I understand the lyrics totally the same way) nor to the new development in season 3.

AND I WILL NEVER GET USED TO IT. Fortunately I have the Original Soundtrack!!!!

I voted The new mix is better.  It perfectly describes the series as a theme song should, plus it stands on it's own as a fantastic song! :idea:

i vote for the old one, but agree that it fits on what the show is about.

:unsure: :dude:

Guest Mike_Hines01

I agre that it fits with what the series is about, I think it makes it stand out from the other series and is one of the reasons I like it.

I also agree that the lyrics and first version fit the series.

I'm not a fan of the re-mixed version they are using now.

There's not enough drama to it; especially now that they

are on such an important mission!

I've liked just about everything they've done with this series so far.

It's not like any Trek we've seen before...

Some have mentioned that the new mix of the theme sounds a

little country... I don't think so but if it does wouldn't that fit with

the "space cowboy" image? Wagontrain to the stars...

Good stuff so far. A little TOO dark for me right now but it has it's

moments.

I didn't mind the old version but thought it a little too MOR/AOR.

But I have to say, (to my shame!), that after hearing the bashers out in force on TrekTodayBBS saying ad infinitum how anything, ANYTHING, would be better than the theme tune they had for the first series, :) , I laughed like a drain when I heard the new version!

It's truly, truly awful. Russel Watson is a fine opera singer sounding now like a poor mans' Billy Ray Cyrus. After teasers like, for example, Similitude, it crashes in like a clown act at a funeral. Tho' I have to say it kind of worked with North Star... :)

But I just hit the mute button and smile at how Connor Trinneer's name comes up against the most freudian backdrop! :) :)

I don't see why the song is so bad. I love "Faith of the Heart", or as it's called on the soundtrack, "Where My Heart Will Take Me". I think it fits perfectly with the imagery and theme of the show, man's first deep space mission. I also immensely enjoy Russell Watson's voice over Rod Stewarts! :) As for the remix? The song and vocals are the same, even some of the original music is the same, it's just a little bit of remix to make the theme feel more adventurous, for me, they succeeded. :)

Okay, I hate the theme for Ent, old or new, but do'ya know what?

It and I don't matter a jot. :)

If the theme is what you like, want, or even find motivating---- GREAT!!

If just one person loves it, it was worth it. I've even heard of folk using the Ent theme to motivate really fundamental life changing stuff.

If you're out there, I am prepared to do my darndest to motivate you as much, to support as much. I doubt any true Star Trek fan feels any differently. :)

Good for you, don't ever let it die. 'Faith of the heart' - if you will.

The theme, for me, is bumph. But if one person rises out of the mire with it's help....

No-one from Roddenberry to Coto would gainsay it.

:)

I'd just gotten used to them using a contemporary song instead of instrumentals then they go and throw in that cheesey beat.

It's like how sometimes my Dad plays his Country music in the living room and my sister plays rap or R&B from the computer room and my brother plays Women & Songs in his room and I've got the Beatles or something playing upstairs and maybe my Mom's got some opera on. That's how the new mix sounds, like 5 radios playing at the same time.

:)

:P Wanna hear something cheesy?

Like it or not, my wife and I played this song as our first dance at our wedding.

We met in a Trek chat room. We both waited a long time before we found the right person to take that big step with. It just seemed to fit.

Too bad, at the time, we couldn't find the Russell Watson version. We had to use Rod Stewart. We didn't realize that the title of the song had been changed for the Watson version. Oh well... Same song. Same sentiment.

...Also I've never really liked Rod Stewert in the first place. :P

:P It's not a Rod Stewart song, it was written by Dianne Warren.

It was written by Dianne Warren but originally sung by Rod Stewart.

I thought I had the Stewart version uploaded someplace but I don't see it on the server so here it is again for anyone that wants to hear...

Rod Stewart - Faith of the Heart

Vote for your favorite version of the theme tune

I heard there was a different theme in the episode In A Mirror, Darkly but since i haven't seen that episode yet i left it out

I prefer the Season 1 - 2 Version

Still loves the old version

By the way, have you heard the "test" theme ST.com published some time ago using "Archer's theme" and having Scott Bakula say the famous words "these are the voyages of the starship Enterprise"? That's terrific.

(Great to hear but IMO no option as a theme)

^ haven't heard it, but want to :yahoo:

I like both versions, but between the two, I prefer the old version. It's message gets across better and is very touching and inspiring. Brings a tear to the eye every now and then :laugh:

Still loves the old version

By the way, have you heard the "test" theme ST.com published some time ago using "Archer's theme" and having Scott Bakula say the famous words "these are the voyages of the starship Enterprise"? That's terrific.

(Great to hear but IMO no option as a theme)

351925[/snapback]

It was posted here a while back. I didn't like it. It was too generic. Didn't have that feel in it like Picard and Kirk gave.