Sign in to follow this  
Tank

Faith of the Heart

How do you feel about the Enterprise Theme 'Faith of the Heart'?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Enterprise Theme 'Faith of the Heart'?

• The old mix was better [URL=http://www.startrekfans.net/music/Faith.wvx]Listen Here[/URL]
    • The new mix is better [URL=http://www.startrekfans.net/music/Faith2.wvx]Listen Here[/URL]
    • They should never have used it in the first place!

I know many of you will not agree with me on this but I've never been a big fan of 'Fath of the Heart'. When I heard that they were going to change the intro for season 3 I was all about it... However since they didn't change any of the video and only mixed the song to be lamer then it was I too wish they would bring back the old track.

Really I don't think they should have ever used the song in the first place. Because if ever there was a series to have the captain give the classic "Space the final frontier, these are the voyages of the starship Enterprise" speach it was this one.

So how does everyone else feel about the opening theme?

I prefer the old version of the song.

The new mix detracts for the feel of the song. the tempo is too fast for the voice and its not even mixed very well. I have all ways loved this song I have both Rod Stewarts original and Russel Watsons version.

I like the old mix definately better. They should never have changed it. It was fine the way that it was. PLus, I think it fits this seasons darker more serious direction..The new mix just seems too upbeat for me..But I'm sure that I will get used to it.

The old mix fit better. The new one sounds like every other computer generated song thats on the radio these days. I like the first one even better than the real first one by Rod Stewart.

the old mix. the new mix is too upbeat for the more dark direction the show is taking. and the old mixed just seemed more emotional.

I added links to the songs in the poll so you can compare them.

Like most people that like the Old version I too like it better for the same basic reasons. It's way too upbeat for such a desperate mission. I think they got it backwards. The new version fits the theme of the first 2 seasons better as an up beat adventure kind of theme but the older version fits this more somber atmosphere of going out to hunt down the Xindi weapon.

As for the song in and of itself, I think the song fits the series very well. The lyrics fit the circumstances.

It's Been a Long Road Getting from There to Here.

Humanity has been through the eugenics wars, the third world war then the Vulcans held us back for 100 years with our Warp program but look where we are now... It's been a long road to get from there to here.

It's Been A Long Time, but my time is finally near When I will see my dream come alive at last, I will touch the sky.

Humanity has been striving for thousands of years to expand it's horizons, it's knowledge. Our time is nearing when our horizon will become infinite our knowledge will grow a hundred fold. humanity's dream for centuries has been to touch the sky, we will now seek new skies to touch.

And They're not gonna hold me down no more, no they're not going to change my mind. Cause I've Got Faith of the Heart, I'm going where my heart will take me. I've Got Faith to believe I can do anything. I've got strength of the Soul and no one's gonna bend or break me. I can reach any star. I've Got Faith, I've got Faith, Faith Of The Heart.

The Vulcans won't hold us back any longer. We are ready to take our place in the galaxy, no matter what argument they give us. No matter how they try to play on our fears they won't deter us because we have something they don't. Something they can't understand. Something they dismiss as a weakness in humanity. We have "Faith Of The Heart" and by that it means that we allow our emotions and our instincts to guide us. We have the ability to see beyond logic, and that is a strength in our very soul. Because of that faith we have confidence that we can reach any star and no one will bend us, no one will break us.

That's what the song says to me. That's what I heard when I watched Broken Bow for the first time, and when I heard it I just said to myself "Wow, that's cool. That song fits so very well." It's a song, to me about humanities struggles. It's a song of triumph over those struggles, and now 3 years into it's mission humanity is on the brink of becoming a leader in the quadrant.

I do agree that the lyrics fit the series well but I still think that of all the shows Enterprise should have had the opening speach. I mean they truely are going where no man (one) has gone before!

...Also I've never really liked Rod Stewert in the first place. ;)

...Also I've never really liked Rod Stewert in the first place. ;)

:clap: It's not a Rod Stewart song, it was written by Dianne Warren.

Whoever wrote it, I've never liked that style. It's always seemed a little on the sappy side for me.

I liked the original mix alot better. I still firmly believe that the lyrics are perfect for the show, but I do not like what they have done with the music. I used to look forward to the old intro each time it came on, but now with the new one I skip the intro. As a matter of fact I have started capturing the episodes using a video capture card and editing out the commericials and I have also been taking out the new intro and replacing it with the old one.

NO NO NO what have they done to it (Casidy cries) . This is the first time i have heard the new version it has gone all poppy and shallow. I loved the ENT music and thought it was perfect for the series, it had such meaning yes the lyrics are still there but the feeling has gone it left me shouting "once again Russel and this time with feeling". I know i haven't watched the new series yet(hurry up January) and i'm sure i will get used to it but right now i'm disappointed, i didn't think it was broken in the first place so don't know why they had to "fix it". ;)

I have hated this theme song from the time I saw the first episode of Enterprise, It actually made my sick to my stomache to have to listen to a ***** '80s power ballad everytime I watched Star Trek. Where did the noble classical score end up?

I think it's some where between Rick Berman's butt-crack and Brannon Braga's cousins - sisters- brothers best friends band.

I love the show (don't get me wrong), however, the 80's reject singer needs to to go, and the new mix won't do it.

Jeff

Stardate:213912.8

I like the way you explained how the lyrics fit VBG.Now that I really think about it it really does fit!!!

Anyways I have always thought the intro speech should of been put here.I mean come on the Enterprise is involved and they are truly going where no man has gone before.Plus I think Archer deserves the honor of being able to say.Two of the greatest captians ever said it and Archer belongs with them

My question is this though.If they had the intro speech would it be "it's 5 year mission" or "It's continuing mission"?

If they had done the speech all of the "Enterprise haters" would have been chirping that Enterprise was trying to live off of past success and not on it's own. It would have been cool, but not really something they should have done.

I voted that they never should have used it.

Although I love the original version of the theme, I wish they had used a more "Trek-like classical" theme.

Don't get me started on how much I can't stand the new version - I'll probably get beamed to Risa! ;)

That song should never have been used in the first place as it was written for the movie patch adams not for star trek and anyway why change the way they have always done it was a clasical song they did not even need the intro the first night of the show when the song came on I was like what the "blank" is this bring back the old ways of a great clasical song not a rock song.

That song should never have been used in the first place as it was written for the movie patch adams not for star trek and anyway why change the way they have always done it was a clasical song they did not even need the intro the first night of the show when the song came on I was like what the "blank" is this bring back the old ways of a great clasical song not a rock song.

I do not believe the song was written for Patch Adams. It was written by Dianne Warren, and if I'm not mistaken, she's suppose to be some major song writer. As for the song not needing "fixing"? I don't think they were trying to fix the intro, but rather, upgrade it much like the way they upgraded DS9's intro.

Anywho, why does everyone call it pop music? I've heard pop music in all it's aweful forms, "Where My Heart Will Take Me" isn't pop.

Also, if they did a "speech" for the intro with a melody-type theme like TOS & TNG, that's cool, just as long as it's a "different" speech. Personally, I love the grand departure for the intro. I want new and creative, not rehashing. I'm not against the use of an instrumental theme, I just love the freshness of a theme song.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

I did not call the song pop I called it rock there is a big difference pop is what you hear on most non country stations nowadays rock is more of like someone else said 80s music but I really think that the song is more a/c after thinking about it as I work at a a/c station and it is in our play list at least rods is I just wish that they would have kept the song in a clasical style and with out any words but that is just IMO.

The old mix was better for 99% of the episodes but the new mix fit well with the frontier episode. You know the one were some of the crew land on the plant full of hillbillies so to speak. I can't think of the name of that episode right now but some of us may remember it. The new mix to "Faith of the Heart" was perfect for this episode. It just seemed to fit this one episode because of the cowboys and indians feel it had to it. :bow: :biggrin: :bow:

I love the opening visuals to Enterprise, and I wish that the opening had a strong well written piece of music to follow it.

I was not a big fan of the Dianne Warren written Enterprise theme song, and I hate the new country-ish pep of the new theme.

I think it sounds country-ish, but anywho... I dont think it fits the whole overall attitude of the show.

I agree with you except, I liked the way it was at first. Before the Big Fix. :blink:

Guest Mike_Hines01

I liked the old version better, but I still like the new one as well.