Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "Carpenter Street"?

What Rating Would You Give "Carpenter Street" Out of 10?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What Rating Would You Give "Carpenter Street" Out of 10?

Click for Spoiler:

I liked tonights episode but not as much as others. It advanced the Xindi plot which is important. By itself; however, I thought the episode might be a little lacking.

It had a mission, but it didn't have any emotion. No interesting reaction from Archer, and very little from T'Pol. Her reactions were almost all based upon trivial things such as the smoking habits of 21st century humans. The only exceptions where her comments about the value of human life. The show did critique our habits in a subtle way to make a message: we still need to grow up. Therfore, message wise, the episode was good, even if it's impact wasn't as strong as other episodes, particularly last weeks episode. I suppose the message was more subtle because we have a hard time accepting our PRESENT faults and thus forcing the issue wouldn't be an effective way to make a point.

After last weeks episode, and the few before it, this one might not shine as well as it normally would. It was like any episode, entertaining, but unlike some episodes, it could have been better. I have always liked time travel episodes but unfortunately this episode didn't live up to my expectations for a good time travel episode. Time travel episodes that I liked were the episode where the Doctor got his mobile emitter, or when Sisko had to play the role of Gabriel Bell, or when Kirk and crew when back to save the whales, or the time when Data encountered Guinan on Earth. Interesting to note is that all of these good examples of time travel in Star Trek are 2 parters (except for the movie, but it is just about the same length as a 2 parter)

At any rate, the episode was a good one, but in comparison with other time travel episodes or recent Enterprise it was not up to par. It is worth a solid 6, maybe even a 6.5 but I shall go with 6. Oh well, gotta take the good with the bad I guess. Hope everyone enjoyed it a little more than I.

Edited by Captain Bolivar

A good episode. I liked the whole look of the show - I kept expecting Mulder and Scully to show up!

They finally tied in the time travel arc, but how did the Xindi go back in time?

I gave it a 5

Click for Spoiler:

The acting was great but IMO they had nothing to use to act I found the whole show lacking I did like the begining with daniles but the rest was just not that exciting I did like the way they just suddenly appeared back in time I am sorry I was just not entertained I really hope they don't start to go down hill after this all the other shows this season have been atleast entertaining.

Another six - it was okay. Scott B. was terrific as usual. This guest star...he was so slimey - what a low life.

I thought it funny..

Click for Spoiler:

...they had a boot on the car

the low life tells the cops to watch for a reptile with a ray gun.

I am too tired to think about time travel implications.

Stardate:213904.8

Click for Spoiler:

Well because its a time travel episode it automaticly gets a 6.Yeh i'm biased so what.Anyways the story was good but it lacked feeling.This episode could of been so much better i thought.

I give it an 8/10.If it wouldnt of been a time travel episode it probably would of gotten a 4

Edited by Goose

I gave it a score of 10. I know that going back in time to our present time has been done but I enjoyed the episode Carpenter Street. I do like to see the crew of the Enterprise out uniform every now and then. The episode showed promise for future episodes to come this season. :lol:

I haven't seen anyone mention the scene in the apartment where...

Click for Spoiler:

Archer has T'Pol untie the human. The human thinks he's to be set free, Archer has him stand up and then punches his lights out then tells T'Pol to tie him up again saying "I didn't feel right doing that while you were tied up". The guy still refuses to help so Archer says, "Untie him again" and the guy quickly provides the information needed. I LOVED that! Classic stuff!

I gave it a 7.5. It was good, not great.

One thing that occurred to me during the episode: I forgot Scott Bakula's name (I had to ask my wife). He has done such a good job in this role that I now think of him as Archer.

i gave it a 6.5...i figure its the lull before the storm.... most of this season has been awesome and so they gotta bring it down a notch and then go out strong for the rest of the season

9. It would've been a ten if they didn't try to trick me into thinking that it wasn't Enterprise in the beginning.

I haven't seen anyone mention the scene in the apartment where...

Click for Spoiler:

Archer has T'Pol untie the human. The human thinks he's to be set free, Archer has him stand up and then punches his lights out then tells T'Pol to tie him up again saying "I didn't feel right doing that while you were tied up". The guy still refuses to help so Archer says, "Untie him again" and the guy quickly provides the information needed. I LOVED that! Classic stuff!

That was a good scene. I gave this episode a 9. I thought it was very entertaining and I do like a good ole fashion 'Time Travel' episode!

It got a 8.5 from me not the best ep this sesion but good non the less. *buttocks* usual the acting was solid and the guest star was very good.

They finally tied in the time travel arc, but how did the Xindi go back in time?

Good question. One not answered within the episode so I'm withholding my rating, waiting to see if it is answered in a future episode or it is revealed to be a serious glitch in the storytelling. (Like relatives of Trip appearing and/or disappearing)

Good question. One not answered within the episode so I'm withholding my rating, waiting to see if it is answered in a future episode or it is revealed to be a serious glitch in the storytelling. (Like relatives of Trip appearing and/or disappearing)

True, they should have explained that part of the show. How did they time travel?

Click for Spoiler:

I had assumed it was that large circular apparatus that they took that virus cylendar out of. They did bring it back with them to Enterprise along with the Xindi. Perhaps it will be talked about in a future episode.

True, they should have explained that part of the show. How did they time travel?

Click for Spoiler:

I had assumed it was that large circular apparatus that they took that virus cylendar out of. They did bring it back with them to Enterprise along with the Xindi. Perhaps it will be talked about in a future episode.

Click for Spoiler:

That could be somehow connected. :lol: I thought that mechanism was strickely for creating the virus but perhaps you have a point, we'll see...

Click for Spoiler:

I enjoyed this episode a lot because it didn't really feel like Star Trek. It had an atmosphere and feel that was a lot different than when TNG, DS9, or Voyager went back in time. The first couple of minutes after the credits you wouldn't even know it was Star Trek had you just turned to it.

It was an original story and further shows that Archer can be almost as badass as Sisko hehe. Once again, as has been the case all the seasons the directing and camera angles were excellent.

9.5/10

Click for Spoiler:

I wondered that too. I thought the people that told the Xindi that the humans would destroy them in the future couldn't travel through time. Therefore how could the Xindi be sent to the 21st century? But evidently they could send inanimate objects. Example: the component in the weapon that attacked Earth.

The question still remains---How did the reptilians get to 2004? :o

I'll give it an 8.5 for the Archer and T'Pol "tie him up, untie him scene" in the apartment.

Edited by Riaan

Thanks to my son explaining how the Xindi could have time travelled to 2004 to me I get it now, I'm giving it a 10!

After having missed the airing of this episode three times, I finally saw it Saturday

night (3/27) for the first time. I liked the episode. I rated it about an 8.

Click for Spoiler:

I wasn't quite convinced they were in Detroit. I did think that it would be easy for the Xindi to find someone to conspire with them ... and he would have done it even if he knew it was terrorism.

Overall a good episode with nice humerous spots, even though many were predictable.

Edited by mjham

7 - pretty good, but not the best of what season 3 has to offer. I liked the scene at the hamburger drive thu and i thought Leland Orser (who also played Dejaren in the voyager episode Revulsion) was good

I am sorry this ranked a 1 for me I have seen 7 times and it did nothing each time. I feel like i have bashed my head against a very think steel wall. Sorry seen better ent episodes.

Sign in to follow this