Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

New Features

NEW FEATURES!

As you can see I've added some new posting features.

Click for Spoiler:

This is a new Spoiler feature, it shuld work better for keeping Spoilers a secret.

<font  style='width=80%; filter:glow(color=yellow)'>HOW DO YOU AFFORD ALL THIS?</font>  :wow:

It's not that bad, just a small monthly fee I have to pay. All the upgrades I've added were "free" as far as money goes. It only "cost" time for me to sit here and edit the code to make it all work.

I've noticed a bit of a bug in the new features. If you quote someone that has some of the new features in their posting the code gets messed up in the quoted text. Also if you go back to edit a posting that has some of the new features it will do the same thing.

For now we'll have to put up with the bug. But I'll be trying to kill that bug as soon as I can.

<font  style='width=80%; filter:shadow(color=black)'><font  style='width=80%; filter:glow(color=blue)'>I've noticed a bit of a bug in the new features. If you quote someone that has some of the new features in their posting the code gets messed up in the quoted text. Also if you go back to edit a posting that has some of the new features it will do the same thing.

For now we'll have to put up with the bug. But I'll be trying to kill that bug as soon as I can.

</font></font>

This is a follow up to what VBG just said above to illustrate what he is talking about; I am doing this to show what the bug can do. Did the above quote have any of the problems he described? I will post this now to find out.

EDIT: Yes they did.

Well I think I've squashed the bug. At least for new postings anyway. You may still get the errors with older postings but they will slowly go away. In new postings there doesn't seem to be the same problem.

Well I think I've squashed the bug. At least for new postings anyway. You may still get the errors with older postings but they will slowly go away. In new postings there doesn't seem to be the same problem.

Testing testing. Pretty cool color combo Kevin, I am going with this variation, it matches my sig, sort of

Click on the color tag, choose any color, then erase that color from the code and type in a different color, is how I do it but there might be an easier way I haven't learned yet.

That's how I do it too, I've been looking into the code to see how I can add more colors to the mix though.

Maroon

Silver

Navy

Cyan

White

Pink

Lime

It's not that bad, just a small monthly fee I have to pay. All the upgrades I've added were "free" as far as money goes. It only "cost" time for me to sit here and edit the code to make it all work.

This is a test to see if I can quote two different posts in a response

Alterego Posted on Apr 19 2003, 12:57 AM

Click on the color tag, choose any color, then erase that color from the code and type in a different color, is how I do it but there might be an easier way I haven't learned yet.

Let's see - well it involved cutting and pasting but it worked

what does this do?

That makes it so you can say it is "HTML" code like:

<b>bold text</b>