Sign in to follow this  
~Crims~

New Series Ideas

I think there is already something in the works so this is purely for fun.

what do you think would make a good upcoming Star Trek series.

Perhaps a show about cadets at the academy, maybe a show taking place in Star Fleet Headquarters? How about a show about a federation ship built purely for combact and tactical use... hell, even an entire show about an alien race i.e. a Kligon ship, Romulan Ship etc

Discuss :wow:

This is a biased answer but what I would like to see is an adaptation of the New Frontier book series by Peter David. It would be fun to have another bend the Federation rules captain again. Someone on the order of Jim Kirk who wouldn't take too much gruff from anyone attempting to forcibly control others. Captain Mackenzie would be a worthy inheriter of the captain's chair.

I'd like to see a show about one of the following...

Colony in late 24th century (post NEMESIS)

Starfleet's first timeship in the 25th century

Something in the 25th century, massive starship, explore a completely uncharted and alien part of the galaxy!

I think in about 4 or 5 years a spin off of Enterprise could be pretty cool. It could follow a new starship crew during the formation of the United Federation of Planets. Starfleet and the Federation can be merging to become on thing and in the proccess Starfleet starts building more warp ships. It would be interesting to see what kind of ship follows the NX-01. It could be a bigger ship that can go warp 7, use photon torpidos, shields, ect.. This could also be a good series to focus on the early days of war with the Romulans and Klingons.

dude! how could would it be to see captain april, kirks dad, or a young sarek in a spin off series!

of course, i wouldve loved to have seen a captain sulu series, but i doubt that happens at this point... :o

I would like to see a show set in the time of The Motion Picture with another starship of the same class as the Enterprise (perhaps a USS Intrepid), anyway it would be cool to see the model of the refit Enterprise or one like it heading a series and there could be the ones with four nacels as well, like the ship in Peak Performance. That would be cool.

I prefer a new series in late 24 or 25 century,

with a new starship, a new class, a new captain etc...

I think that a solution in the future is most better

than a solution in past...

Also the TNG cast must stop filming (Movies) because the

Star Trek (TNG) start loosing the magic, and start a new

fresh cast in a new series and a new future for Movies.

I prefer a new series in late 24 or 25 century,

with a new starship, a new class, a new captain etc...

I think that a solution in the future is most better

than a solution in past...

Also the TNG cast must stop filming (Movies) because the

Star Trek (TNG) start loosing the magic, and start a new

fresh cast in a new series and a new future for Movies.

A series set in the time I suggested would be set in the future and not in the past, unless you live in the fantasy world of Star Trek.

I mean the future after the Star Trek Nemesis!!!

A series or movie on the timeline of TMP can't

make a good looking "future",

Because as the (new) Enterprise NX-01 is set

before USS Enterprise NCC-1701 but is look

like from the future near the TNG timeline!!!

I like "Enterprise" but when i saw new technology

in a year older that James T. Kirk time, is not good.

A example: on Kirk time i see switches on cons, but

on Archer time i see buttons and not switches...

2nd example: the Enterprise NX-01 is better inside

and outside from the USS Enterprise NCC-1701!!!

That problems can solve only with a series after

STAR TREK NEMESIS time...

I think a story set in the future would be best. We need new technology and aliens and ideas. Re-hash is only good for so much.

Also: to Captain Jean-Luc Picard,

They don't have a timeship in the 25th century! The very first time communications started around the very late 26th century, but a true time-ship isn't until at least the 28th, with a fully functional one by the 29th and near-instantaneous time-transportation by the early 31st.

Guest Ktrek

:o I think a Star Trek - Relativity show would be cool. You could have the premise of the show based on the Relativity crew be sort of timecops. They could have an adversary who is time jumping and trying to change the timeline and Relativity is the defender of the Federation's future. This could be alot of fun because they would not be limited to any period in history. Think Time Tunnel ala Star Trek. :o

Ktrek

Here's some ideas...

1. If ENT is a huge success, do an ENT spin-off! (like how TNG got 2 spin-off shows, DS9 & VOY)

2. Colony in late 24th century (post NEMESIS)

3. Series about colonizing the Dyson Sphere from TNG "Relics"

4. Starfleet's first timeship in the early 25th century

5. Q creates a wormhole to the Andromeda Galaxy (for unkown reasons till later on in the series) so that Starfleet's newest prototype can truelly go where no one has gone before!

Um... yeah, I ran out of ideas. :o

3. A series about colonizing the Dyson Sphere from TNG "Relics"

I actually like how they finished the dyson sphere arc in the books. It seemed to end it very well.

there would be more to the Federation and Star Fleet than life aboard a starship. What don't we have a whole Star Trek network with the following shows.

1. The West Coast - could follow the life of the newly elected President of the UFP as he deals with alien ambassadors, adjusting to life on alien earth, the Star Fleet military guys, special interest lobbyists and unruly member worlds with the help of a universally representative staff.

2. JagFleet - The weekly adventures of a Star Fleet advocate as he/she gets sent to various space stations, colonies, or vessels that are in need of legal assistance.

3. Jupiter Station - life aboard a civilian station providing taxi service to neighboring stations and cargo ships.

4. S.F.I. - Star Fleet Investigations - the adventures of a group of special investigators that apply state of the art scientific analysis to criminial disturbances throughout the Federation.

5. My Big Fat Geek Life - a reality show that follows the daily routine of computer geniuses at school and in the dorm.

...more later