Sign in to follow this  
Cardie Fan

Anti-Cardassian Propoganda

:eek:

The anti-cardassian propoganda on DS9 was horrible.

The Bajorans are children.They constantly squabble and fight amongst themselves about every little thing.They seperated their society into castes which severely limited the potential of all Bajorans.They force their Prophet worship on all Bajorans,even those disinclined to believe (who either convert or face ostrasization).

The Cardassian government and people were merely helping the Bajorans evolve into a truly civilized culture,during the so-called "Occupation" (I'd rather call it a stewardship of Bajor until the Bajorans were better able to run their own affairs).

The Bajorans were taught the admirable work ethic of the Cardassians (something they constantly protested,being naturally inclined to sloth),and were well provided for in the communal settlements (wrongly termed "Concentration Camps" by the enemies of the Cardassian people),in which they were encouraged to build better lives from themselves by living off the land.

Yet at every turn the Bajorans attacked and murdered their Cardassian benefactors as recompense for all of Cardassia's selflessness and charity.

Eventually,when Cardassia's central government came to the sad decision that no ammount of guidance would develop truly civilized society on Bajor and abandoned its missions there,the Bajora invited in the United Federation of Planets.An interstellar government that swallows up independent star systems under the disguise of peaceful co-existance and shared power within the Federation High Council.Its obvious to anyone,that the UFP is nothing more than a Human controlled Empire,with Vulcans as the intellectual puppets of the High Council.

maybe we are pushing the extremes on what is allowed in these forums..but dont u think that u are believing too much of the cardassian propaganda...i mean seriously...the cardassian-bajoran conflict had similar parallels with the jewish-german holocaust or perhaps the japanese-korean occupation dont u think? bajorans, jews, and koreans were forced to work for no wage, but food stipens in camps that did nothing to educate or prosper those peoples... bajoran, jewish, and korean woman served as "comfort" women for their captors as well....i mean dont u think that you are a out of line to claim such grandiose statements when bajoran-cardassian relations so closely parallels the plight of korean and jewish peoples???

i think that Cardie fan is expressing his / her views deagletime, this is what us in the western world call free speech. While WE may think this is wrong, as i personally do, Cardie fan may not. And they may even be just playing in character. I think it is rude to jump on newbies, or anyone in the public forum, when we have the PM system and Report button. If you dont like what Cardie fan has to say, there are ways of dealing with it, rather than slandering them on the public front.

maybe we are pushing the extremes on what is allowed in these forums..but dont u think that u are believing too much of the cardassian propaganda...i mean seriously...the cardassian-bajoran conflict had similar parallels with the jewish-german holocaust or perhaps the japanese-korean occupation dont u think? bajorans, jews, and koreans were forced to work for no wage, but food stipens in camps that did nothing to educate or prosper those peoples...  bajoran, jewish, and korean woman served as "comfort" women for their captors as well....i mean dont u think that you are a out of line to claim such grandiose statements when bajoran-cardassian relations so closely parallels the plight of korean and jewish peoples???

:eek:

Do we have a molar in registration for you,deagletime?You bare watching...

Click for Spoiler:

lighten up.I'm a cardassian,get it?Pretending?Play acting?Posting in character?Sheesh...

i think that Cardie fan is expressing his / her views deagletime, this is what us in the western world call free speech.  While WE may think this is wrong, as i personally do, Cardie fan may not.  And they may even be just playing in character.  I think it is rude to jump on newbies, or anyone in the public forum, when we have the PM system and Report button.  If you dont like what Cardie fan has to say, there are ways of dealing with it, rather than slandering them on the public front.

well first off ...i never slandered him in any way..i did not use any derogatory terms against him so i dont know where u got that idea from

and secondly every statement i made, i posed in the form of a question...none of which were statements that he should be forced to abide by.. as a fellow american, i am also entitled to free speech...and as such i can state whatever opinions i feel i want to express....however even so, all my statements again were in the form of a question so that he or anyone for that matter could think for themselves whether my questions were true or not...

it is the tone that is implied by the questions that has offended me, however i really dont care.....it is no consequence to me whether you meant it or not. This is just another example of different cultural values and attitudes that influence our judgement

my point was not to offend anyone and for that i apologize..i was just expressing a view contrary to cardies.. plus, im not even bajoran, jewish, or korean ..so i didnt even take it personally, its just that i expressed my initial thoughts online before i even processed the fact that hes just in charecter and messing around...

cheers, next rounds on me

dt

:lol:

B) Okay.Great.I'd hate to think I ticked off somebody so soon after registering.I was starting to think maybe I was an $#@!,like the friendly characters at startrek.com suggested,and that maybe I should $#@! myself (another of their suggestions...which,I'm not entirely certain is physically possible,unless you are a Yoga expert like Rene Auberjonoise....ewww,I know I mangled his name.Sorry Odo) :eek:

:lol:

:bow: Okay.Great.I'd hate to think I ticked off somebody so soon after registering.I was starting to think maybe I was an $#@!,like the friendly characters at startrek.com suggested,and that maybe I should $#@! myself (another of their suggestions...which,I'm not entirely certain is physically possible,unless you are a Yoga expert like Rene Auberjonoise....ewww,I know I mangled his name.Sorry Odo) :eek:

Stardate:213896.6

Rene is a yoga expert??Cool. Maybe some of that stuff Odo did was really him afterall :lol:

I personally think its cool when some people post in character.I enjoy reading those posts.They're fun.We had a member on here that was Ambassador something or another but he posted in character with an alien species.I really enjoyed his posts.What ever happened to him anyways B)

Who writes your propoganda,Cardie Fan?Klingons? :eek:

That line about the Vulcans seems similar to what the Klingon Ambassador said to the Federation High Council after Kirk killed Commander Kruge and took his bird-of-prey.

I like your post,though.Its nice to have something different posted every once in a while.

I was starting to think maybe I was an $#@!,like the friendly characters at startrek.com suggested

Well one advantage we have here is that if someone does call you a name or suggest that you perform an unnatural act as a way of causing trouble like people do at STARTREK.COM there's usually a Mod here to take care of things before it gets out of hand.

Even if someone were to register using a new name as a way of hiding to try to cause trouble we would detect it right away because the board has IP identifying software.

my 1000th post....

um im not offended either, i was just initally reacting like deagletime did b4 he processed the info.....apologises

I was starting to think maybe I was an $#@!,like the friendly characters at startrek.com suggested

Well one advantage we have here is that if someone does call you a name or suggest that you perform an unnatural act as a way of causing trouble like people do at STARTREK.COM there's usually a Mod here to take care of things before it gets out of hand.

Even if someone were to register using a new name as a way of hiding to try to cause trouble we would detect it right away because the board has IP identifying software.

:laugh: