Shrek

Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter

Do you like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter

• Lord of the Rings
    • Harry Potter
    • Both

It's so hard i love them both but i'm not going to sit on the fence so i choose LOTR. The Harry Potter books and films are excellent :lol: but LOTR has a mystical quality.When i watch the films or read the books i feel like i'm transported to Middle Earth :eek: ( sorry the men in white coats have been called)

Harry Potter, i love anything with fantasy in it, thats why i love ST so much, it is becoming more realistic every day (i mean those Plasma monitors on ENT!)

So Harry gets my vote, i love Rowlings writing style and the producers have done a good job with the films.

I've neither read nor seen any Harry Potter book/movie, just because I'm not really interested in that. But I like Lord Of The Rings a lot, so I voted for it :laugh:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I had to say both. Yes LOTR is epic but I have allways found it boged down with to much information but the Harry Potter books at least the first two were writen for children so even though my wife says I am a child I still like them both.

I like them both!....LOTR cuz of smeagle(sp) and harry potter cuz well may family reads the books and it gives the generation gaps something to talk about :borgqueen:

How about NEITHER!!!!

They are both watchable... but they have no real interest for me. The Lod or the Rings seems to drag on. I could not develop hardly any attachement to its characters eiter. I'm not a fan of "fantasy" tho.

Harry Potter is for kids... nuff said.

I like Lord of the Rings. I'm anxious to see the last movie this month. Course I was a big fan before the movies. I read the books a couple of times. Good stories! And some interesting characters..

I voted LOTR

But I was born in New Zealand so there is some bias.

Best NZ film ever made is "Once were Warriors" I recon' thou.

Edited by Derro

Harry Potter. They're a fun set of films, easily enjoyed by either me or my son, or both of us at the same time. :laugh:

LOTR was great the first time watching them, and I'm glad I saw them in the theatres, but trying to watch them again was just boring as hell.

LOTR by far......

I can't wait for 'The Hobbit' movie............ Hopefully, our civilization will last till 2010 :blink:

I like both. As a Children's Librarian, I appreciate how the Harry Potter books have excited and energized younger readers. They are still very popular and that interest reignites as the movie's come out.

I also value and enjoy the epic LOTR series and also await the Hobbit coming to the big screen.

there nothin i can't choose one or the other i will just say i like them both

LOTR was great the first time watching them, and I'm glad I saw them in the theatres, but trying to watch them again was just boring as hell.

You and me both