• hard rock
    • rock
    • pop
    • classic
    • rap
    • mix
    • country
    • other

i was listening to some music when i was surfing the site and got an idea to ask what all of you like.

Bearded ape, would you mind if I added "mix" and "other" to the poll?

I like a mix of everything on the poll except rap. I also listen to some Country, some Metal and some Classical.

All time favorite is Classic Rock (60's)

What? No Country!.. :clap: ..I like Classic Rock and Country Music..So I voted for Rock..I don't like heavy rock or rap..

Edited by spacetigger

I listen to several musical genres.My favorites are jazz,the blues,big band,swing,and dixieland.Depends on my mood at the time,really.I'm not sure why I like those types of music.I certainly didn't grow up when those forms of music were popular.I'm a child of the 60's and early 70's...I should like Janis Joplin,Hendrix,and Three Dog Night.But I don't.Not particularly.I'll take Glenn Miller,Bing Crosby,Etta James,or Myles Davis anyday.

Pretty much any music from the turn of the century until 1970. I should enjoy music from my time, eh? Even after that, I enjoy some country, some disco (I'll duck whatever you throw at me!), some pop, some rock, single songs from more modern bands, etc.

I add my $.02 worth and pay you later. :eek: Insert trapped on a deserted island cliche - Crosby, Clooney, Garland, Fitzgerald, Jolson, the Mills Brothers, and the other classics. WWII era especially.

All kinds of rock music for me, that's my fave kind of music at the moment, but I also like pop music. What I can't stand is hip hop/rap (except Eminem) :eek:

Mrs. Captain Picard

add what you want altergo. i forgot country becuase i dont consider it music. :P

-.-;; Well, I don't consider rap to be music, but it's up there anyway.

Country is my favorite kind of music. It is so rich and alive. Country artists put out great songs. It is music that I can relate to. The stories told within the songs are things that I can look at and say, "Yeah, I've been there." (Not all of them, but a lot of them.) And you can actually understand what they're saying! *GASP!*

But I voted for classical (because *sniff* country isn't up there *sob*), as I also do like that.

I like so many different kinds of music, it would be easier to vote on the kinds I DON'T like -

most rap, virtually all progressive jazz, some outlaw country, & some blues.

I never used to like standards until I got Brent Spiner's CD, and I love listening to music from other countries & cultures. :laugh:

Gospel music...it is full of feeling, soulful. ( But not Christian Rock!)

I also like classical, some 70's and 80's pop, and what some people deride as "easy listening music."

I voted hard rock, mainly classic heavy metal like Led Zepplin, Grand Funk Railroad, Deep Purple, etc My favorite band is Pink Floyd. Now I may be considered an "Old Guy" to some posters here, but I look at myself as early middleaged :dude: and I still enjoy new rock as well. I listen to Linkin Park, Limp Biscut, Rob Zombie, Puddle of Mud, Desturbed, and a few other new hard rock bands.Guitar.gif

Just To Throw In My Favorites.

Black Sabbath

Ozzy Osbourne

White Zombie

Rob Zombie

Def Leppard

Metallica

Lynnard Skynnard....Did I Spell That Right?

Mariyn Manson

AC/DC...Or Is It AC\DC?? *Shrugs*

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Linkin Park

Match Box 20

Kid Rock

KoRn

Limp Bizkit

KMDFM

etc, etc...

I said hard rock but really I listen to everything.

Paul Simon, Nine Inch Nails, Tears For Fears, Tool, Led Zeppelin, Fletwood Mac, Marilyn Manson, Bjork, U2, Pearl Jam, The Beatles, The Kinks, Depeche Mode, Pink Floyd, Jewel, Eminem, Micheal Jackson, Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Rage Against the Machine, Sigur Ros, Steely Dan, The Cure, Girls Against Boys, Traindodge, The Smashing Pumpkins, Perfect Circle.... And that's before I get into soundtracks and foreign Music.

I like to think that I listen to anything that's good and has some integrity.