Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

A Tribute: Kellie Waymire, 1967-2003

We at STARTREKFANS.NET were saddened to learn of the death of Kellie Waymire. (Crewman Elizabeth Cutler)

Kellie_Waymire.jpg

She left this world far too early but she left it a richer place for her presence. She will be missed by her friends, family and fans.

I've made this short video as a tribute.

Tribute to Kellie Waymire

....that Kellie Waymire (Elizabeth Cutler) died Thursay night of unknown causes. She was 35 years old. :blink: That is so sad for her friends and family. You never can take your life for granted, can you?

Well, even though I'm the newest member, I had to put my imput in on this. I only hope that she was a christian. I apologize if I offend anyone by saying that I'm one, but it's true. I hope that she has gone onto a much better place. Besides that, I hope UPN also pays special tribute to her character and somehow writes a story that can somehow show that her character died while defending her shipmates. Dr. Phlox, I hope, would really be affected by this. :wow::wow: :blink:

Ya know, it could have just as easilly been Jolene Blalock "T'Pol". A shame that she died young. :blink: Maybe the next episode produced could be dedicated to the actress with her character being killed in the intro? They could have someone else play her from a distance so we can't make out the face or something.

Stardate:213877.9

Oh wow thats sad

I guess that explains why we havent seen her on the show more..i would of liked to see her and phlox develop a relationship now thats not gonna happen :blink:

Very sad news indeed. So young..She had her whole life ahead of her..Such a shame. I liked her a lot. I did have high hopes of her coming back to Enterprise at some point. It would be nice if 'Enterprise' pays tribute to Kellie somehow..

:blink: Very upsetting. I liked her character a lot and like the episodes where her character was allowed to develop. I also enjoyed picking her in other trek episodes. Wonder what happened? My condolences.

It's always sad when someone passes away so young. After reading this I started thinking about Merritt Butrick (who played Kirk's son David Marcus in Star Trek's II & III as well as "T'Jon" in the TNG episode: "Symbiosis") who died at age 30.

All deaths are sad. Young deaths are even sadder.

On behalf of the moderators and admins of StarTrekFans.net I have been asked to give a small tribue to our very own Ensign Cutler. I am writing a small tribute, and would ask any member of this site do the same here, just a few words.

We first meet a young beautiful young crew member in the fall of 2001. We first saw her in Strange New World. A young woman who pointed out where our home planet was from a distant planet. This woman would later be known as the wonderful and lovely Elizabeth Cutler, in the short time she has been known she has gained many fans not for her looks, her breast size (pardon the lauguage ladies) she was natral. In fact I heard she was due to reappears toward the end of this season. All I know she has now left us, a reminder of her appearance and her spirit will live on in the world of Star Trek. She will alway be remembered as Ensign Cutler.

May God Bless you and Thank You Kellie.

That is a very nice tribute Tattoo. Thank you.

Kellie Waymire and Ensign Elizabeth Cutler will live on in our hearts.

I'm still having a hard time understanding Kellie's passing. Has anybody heard the real reason yet? I find it hard to believe it's natural causes as was reported. Just trying to understand how this can happen to such a young and apparently healthy woman..I'm still so sad about it..

Edited by spacetigger

Yeah it is quite sad. I'm not sure why she passed away either. I would like to see some tribute on Enterprise for her, but I really don't think her character should killed off. To me that would just be taking advantage of her death. Anything that happens to an actor or actress in real life shouldn't affect a character unless they are a regular character and their absence need to be explained. I think we should leave her character to the episodes she had and remember the real Waymire with those episodes. Just dedicate a heart warming episode to her! That would be nice in my opinion.

Thanks for bringing this up, Tattoo

Although we did't see Kellie Waymire that much she will be remembered by Star Trek fans all over the world because her likeable attitude.

This is indeed sad news. She brought a sense of depth to the show through her portrayal of Cutler and made it feel more down to earth. Her warm smile and demeanour gave us a character we could all like and want to emulate. I always got a chuckle out of Ms. Waymire's scenes and felt like that's how most of us normal people might interact with the crew, and felt like she helped connect with the audience at a level that other aspects of the program didn't. Her absence will be felt by fans in more ways than just her role on the show, but as someone we could all aspire to be like.

By the way, I thought the same thing as Captain Bolivar re. a dedication but nothing in the show. She hadn't appeared in a while and I was beginning to wonder what had happened since she played such a likeable character.

This is truly a tragedy. She was so young and had so much potential. However, I would like to say that I don't feel Crewman Cutler should be killed off. As long as she is alive on Enterprise some part of Kellie will always be with us.

I would like to see an episode dedicated to her and I suspect tonight's new one will be.

As far as explaining her absence from ENT, I'm going to believe she stayed behind on Earth at the time of the refitting. ;-)

Sorry, Alterego. That theory doesn't work, Crewman Cutler was mentioned in Rajiin I believe. Phlox said she broke her arm when an anomaly swept through the science lab.

I also hope that they dedicate Similitude to the memory of Kellie.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

It's ok Jack_Bauer, reading and posting elsewhere (st.com-I griped at garrovick <_< ) and that caused me to forget a bit.

I can't go to the chat; I've not seen it yet.

Edited by Alterego

This is truly a tragedy. She was so young and had so much potential. However, I would like to say that I don't feel Crewman Cutler should be killed off. As long as she is alive on Enterprise some part of Kellie will always be with us.

Actually that sounds like a good idea. To keep the character of Ensign Cutler alive. Maybe they could mention her name from time to time but we never actually see her. This is such a tragedy. So young to lose her life. I still can't get over it. Great idea ddillard about the chat tonight. I'll be there at 9PM Eastern time right after I watch Enterprise..

I feel that Kellie created a really good character on Enterprise and it is sad that she will not have the opportunity to become more of a regular on the show. She was a very talented actress and it sad to hear of such news for someone so young.

This is truly a loss for the world and Enterprise. Her presence reminded me of the more pleasant times of the Enterprise seasons which reflects on how she will be forever remembered. Life indeed is a journey of the moment and those that we reach and touch.