Sign in to follow this  
jdigs

Tribbles

Someone please clarify for me the whole tribble thing..where do they come from, what was their purpose? Anything..I'll take it.

Cyrano Jones said that tribbles are the only love that money CAN buy.

Other than that, I think they came from a planet where they were heavily preyed upon. Thus, their prolific reproductive capabilities was their mechanism for survival. :wow:

Worf said in Trials and Tribblations that they were like an infestation and that a Klingon Armada obliterated the Tribble homeworld as they were once considered :wow: mortal enemies of the empire. Odo: "another glorious chapter in Klingon history"! Very funny.

Worf said in Trials and Tribblations that they were like an infestation and that a Klingon Armada obliterated the Tribble homeworld as they were once considered :o  mortal enemies of the empire.

I believe Odo also made reference to the great songs of honor that were written for the Great Tribble Hunt. I always wondered what that must have sounded like. Maybe something on the order of Little Bunny Foo Foo.

I believe Odo also made reference to the great songs of honor that were written for the Great Tribble Hunt.  I always wondered what that must have sounded like.  Maybe something on the order of Little Bunny Foo Foo.

LOL, Xenexian!!!! I've heard you can buy tribbles that move and make purring sounds at The Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas.

Did you see the Tribble at the very beginning of the Enterprise episode The Breach tonight.

Click for Spoiler:

Hoshi thought it was cute and then Phlox fed it to one of the creatures he keeps in his lab. ;)

Did you see the Tribble at the very beginning of the Enterprise episode The Breach tonight.

Click for Spoiler:

Hoshi thought it was cute and then Phlox fed it to one of the creatures he keeps in his lab. ;) 

Why yes I did! I immediately had flashbacks to Trials and Tribble-ations! Great to see such a reference on Enterprise. The writers and Robert Duncan McNeil did a great job.

We also learned from Dr.Phlox that there are reptiles on the Tribble homeworld that kept the Tribble population down by eating them.

Cyrano Jones said that tribbles are the only love that money CAN buy.

Other than that, I think they came from a planet where they were heavily preyed upon.  Thus, their prolific reproductive capabilities was their mechanism for survival. :D

I disagree there. Buy a dog! (and they DON'T reproduce at a rate of, what 200million billion per minute?)

Oooh:

Very amusing (and yes, it has to do with tribbles

Oh and....

And so we can't forget...

and to round it off...