Sign in to follow this  
APW

I'll be back....

I just wanted to let everybody know that I'll be off-line for a while.My sister is moving into her own place in Springfield,and taking the computer with her.

Its my computer,but her kids need it for school (and since they've been staying here at home,they've gotten used to being able to go to their favorite sites),so I'm giving it to her and the kids.

I've got enough put up to buy a new one,anyhow.So,while I'm comparison shopping and looking for the best deal on a new computer,I'll be away.

Shouldn't take me too long to get back to y'all though.Until then,this is Admiral Peewee logging off.

Live long and Prosper!

Wow, how generous of you to give your computer to your sister and her kids. I don't profess to know anything about computers, but I sure love my Dell. :lol:

Cya when you get back!!

I just wanted to let everybody know that I'll be off-line for a while.My sister is moving into her own place in Springfield,and taking the computer with her.

Its my computer,but her kids need it for school (and since they've been staying here at home,they've gotten used to being able to go to their favorite sites),so I'm giving it to her and the kids.

I've got enough put up to buy a new one,anyhow.So,while I'm comparison shopping and looking for the best deal on a new computer,I'll be away.

Shouldn't take me too long to get back to y'all though.Until then,this is Admiral Peewee logging off.

Live long and Prosper!

One piece of advice, don't buy a computer from a major store. Not an IBM, not a Compaq not an E-Machine nothing like that at all. Either build your own (it's not that hard) or buy from a small "mom and pop's" computer shop. Have it built for you. You'll be much happer with a "Personal" personal computer then an off the shelf PC.

Wow, how generous of you to give your computer to your sister and her kids.  I don't profess to know anything about computers, but I sure love my Dell. :)

Cya when you get back!!

I agree - it was very commendable of you...

and I love my Dell as well. :)

Wow.That's nice.

I bought my computer from Walmart.I bought an E-Machines computer for $500 plus tax,which seemed reasonable to me at the time.Of course,after I bought it a friend of mine whose a computer genius tells me,"Oh,dude,you should have told me and I would've built one for you!" :)

I guess I'll know better next time.Can't complain though,I love :look: my computer!

Except of course for my tempermental Microsoft Works word processor program.Sometimes it will print out pictures and graphs real nice,othertimes I try and add an image to a document and it crashes.

:)

Take it easy,Peewee!

i agree, very generous of you. and also i agree with VBG, where as im semi happy with my hp, i would never buy another PC from the store, i would build my own, as he said its quite simple, and you get what you want, if you were around ny i would build it for ya but its easy enough if you have any kind of mechanical apptitude, and are not afraid of the unknown, but if you are thats ok too. lol.cya when you return

Yes, if you see this on time, build your own. You'll learn a lot more about how you computer works in the process and probably not need to ever take it to a shop if it breaks down. Getting things fixed is a total rip-off and you can probably put in new and better parts for the same price as some repair jobs (depending on the part). Slap an AMD chip in it to start the savings with a bang. Most store-bought computers have some bad parts, the most likely suspects I've noted being the motherboard, the video card and the RAM (which is almost always the lowest quality available), at least they do in Japan. And if you can see this, buy parts on the Internet using a friend's computer.