Could another Trek make it

Could another Trek make it?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Could another Trek make it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on the writting
    • Maybe

Each of the New Star Trek series have had a distinct arc. TNG was the future of the Original Series. DS9 was the first land based Trek. Voyager had to reach home. Enterprise is in history of the Federation. But could another pure Exploration show make it?

I would think if the writing is good enough, then I don't think it would make a difference.

Stardate:213868.9

Oh yeah.If the episodes are real good and well written then sure.We have had two series do that already im pretty sure a third would be succesful

yes I think it would just look at the new frontier books all of them so far have been on the best seller list so that means alot of people are buying them so something similer or the books themselves would do great as a new show.

But could another pure Exploration show make it?

Yes I think it could. I've read some posts at st.com from members wanting the story to get back to the other end of the timeline and agree, after ENT runs it's full course we should go to the future for more adventures.

The biggest problem I think would be getting it by Rick Berman. I've read a few things in the 'Captains Logs' book where he talks about the development of DS9 and Voyager, and saying that it would need a different arc then the other series'.

Well,the series needs an arch or premise of some sort.I'd find it incredibly boring if a new series was just a new crew and a new ship (or space station,or the Academy) and had no reason for being other than simply being another Trek series with no long-range direction.

Depends on the writting

Please fix the spelling. :laugh:

I am not sure how much canon material there is for cargo ships in ST, but it seems to me the ubiquitous tramp trader would be an interesting ship to follow as they go from port to port looking for cargo and/or passengers.

Depends on the writting

Please fix the spelling. :laugh:

Here @ STF.N the emphasis is on having fun. NO "spelling police" here please except in PMs. :laugh:

One idea would be to have an early 24th century ship designed for deep space explorration and scientific missions. The story could be set in some unkown region, close to the Federation. It'd allow for all the "unseen" classes, we heard about in TNG & DS9, to finally be seen. It'd also give us the chance to have a full Starfleet crew again. Another reason would be that we'd be able to focus more on sci-fi stand-alone stories, rather than arcs like most shows do these days.

I heard that David Gerrard wants to do a series or movie based on Kirk and Spocks academy days. Sounds like a great idea.

I also heard that Berman has talked to Shatner about appearing on Enterprise (some one should warn T'pol).

I have no doubt that another series can and will make it in the future. I am a firm believer that as long as the fans stick by the show Trek will continue.

Yes, I think a pure exploration trek can make it, especially if they return to the TOS era and finish the original 5 year mission with another crew. How cool would an updated (modern effects, etc.) TOS era series be? I think very cool.

I think another very cool idea for trek would be to follow James T. Kirk from the academy to the captain's chair, and actually see the great accomplishments of Kirk only hinted at in TOS. No doubt it would be interesting.

At any rate, I think it's time to return to the TOS era. TOS era fans like myself have been waiting a long time and it's only fair ... we've had TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT. Now it's time to return to TOS era.

I'd love to see a TOS-era series, total classic 60's look, with a few slight updates like actual monitors instead of pictures of monitors. :dude: However, I don't really want to see a TV series about the acadamy or about "Young Kirk". I'd be bored to tears, I just don't like TV shows with "teenagers" as the stars.

I heard that David Gerrard wants to do a series or movie based on Kirk and Spocks academy days.  Sounds like a great idea.

I also heard that Berman has talked to Shatner about appearing on Enterprise  (some one should warn T'pol).

I think Shatner guest staring on Enterprise would rule! He could play is great grandfather or something and that would be cool.

I think however that a new show based on Kirk and Spocks acedemy days would suck. I mean I know they found a good actor to play a young Obi-Wan for the new Star Wars movies but... I feel that Kirk and Spock can only be played by Shatner and Nimoy.

As far as a new show goes....

Like all things it depends on the writing. Good writing = Great show! :dude:

Yeah, I'm having second thoughts about the "Kirk" series, but I don't think it would be boring. Seeing the events and adventures of Kirk's meteoric rise to the captain's chair would be, I think, exciting, especially when you factor in modern effects et al.

For some strange reason I get the feeling that if there is another series it just might be the last, and if so, it would only be fitting to end it where it all started ... in TOS era.

But could another pure Exploration show make it?

Yes I think it could. I've read some posts at st.com from members wanting the story to get back to the other end of the timeline and agree, after ENT runs it's full course we should go to the future for more adventures.

89720[/snapback]

Well so much for ENT running its full course. :cheers:

I am going to change my opinion on this topic; as long as the current level of Trek bashing exists I have to wonder if it would have a chance. Too much possibility of contradicting past canon now exists for it to survive its worst critics; the fans.

Imo many have become hyper-critical so unless EVERY single detail is pored over with a fine tooth comb for absolute accuracy and polished to the highest sheen possible then they will dismiss and bash it. That cannot be done so it may be best left dead.

Another Trek will be fine as long as its well written and is presented in the most effective way (syndication probably).

As for "bashing" or "criticism" as reasonable people call it. It's generally a good thing (aside from nitpicking over relatively trivial matters).

The very worst thing that could happen is for Star Trek fans to simply accept anything as long as it's called or related to Star Trek.

Mediocrity must NEVER be acceptable. Ever.

I got a GREAT idea for a new Trek show ..... ooooohhh we should have a contest/reality show. Folks from anywhere in the world could sign up to compete in the "So You Wanna be the Next Trek Captain" show.

We could all vote for our favorite after watching them imitate Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway or Archer. There could be categories for best stance with a tri-corder, best performance of withstanding hits to the nacelles, best delivery of the "shields down to 15% line," best working that uniform ... limitless possibilities for something like this, don't you think?

And they could haul Denise Crosby out of the abyss to host and judge the candidates. Other Trek celebrities could include the where are they now contingent ... Roxanne Dawes, that Hoshi chick, Lt. Barclay or that guy who played Nog.

Unfortunately in the current television climate, that would be the only type of show we could expect right now. Trek may have gotten too big for its britches for syndication, the major networks don't want to do anything intelligent, and cable channels ... well I don't see how they could come up with enough cash to produce the special effects required for a new Trek show.