Most Underdeveloped Character

Who is the Most underdeveloped??  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Most underdeveloped??

• Travis Maywheather
    • Hoshi Sato
    • Malcolm Reed

Stardate:213860.9

I am not sure if this has been done before and if it has all well.

My pick is Travis Maywheather.We have only seen maybe one or two episodes dedicated to him and he rarely shows up on episodes :huh:

What do you think?

:wow: 1500th post :huh:

Up to this point it has to be Travis. I so hope they don't pull a Harry Kim with Travis. Unless they have plan for him to become something interesting in the near future perhaps they should kill him off and be done with it. That would be more humane than keeping him on board as the "Token", if you know what I mean... :huh:

I actually think Reed is more underdeveloped then Travis. We've learned a bit more about Travis' background and met members of his family but with Reed we know relatively little I think.

I think you could mix this thread with the "who needs a promotion" thread. Of course I concur with everyone on Mayweather. He needs to get bumped up to Lt. Commander or something. I don't know if the writers are scared of using Mayweather or what their deal is. If there isn't one episode in season 3 dedicated to Travis...I'll be disappointed.

Meriweather a Lieutenant Commander?

Why?What has he done to deserve a command position? :huh:

Malcom,is in my opinion far more deserving.He's been invaluable to Archer and Enterprise throughout this whole Xindi arch.

I also think Reed is more underdeveloped as a character.

Without reading the given comments I voted Hoshi.

I understood the questions in terms of what we know about the background of the character. We learnt about Travis' past on board the Horizon and facts about Malcolm (Silent enemy, Shuttlepod one). But on Hoshi's past?????

But of course Travis has the fewest lines. As to me he is a likeable person and I'd be happy to see more of him.

Definitly Travis. We've had several episodes that show Hoshi's personality and back ground, and Reed's hard nosed, demeanor on duty shows his personality fairly well. Travis' character is just a well to do ensign but he hasn't broken free from that shell yet.

In terms of air time and number of lines, Travis is the most under used character on the show. In fact in "Twilight" he had no lines, and the only air time he had was when he was dead on the floor of the Bridge. I would like to see some more episodes with him involved the action and with the members of the crew.

Travis.

They don't show him enough,and even when they do he hardly says or does anything.He may as well just be a console on the bridge.

He's a great character and I don't know why they don't feature him more often.It seems like every show is either about Trip and T'pol flirting with each other (gag!),or Archer and Reed gathering information on the Xindi.Usually Phlox will have a few scenes,and maybe Hoshi.But that's it.Poor travis never gets anything!Its unfair. :huh:

I think Hoshi keeps being pushed out of the way for T'Pol, I feel Hoshi looks like a pretty intelligent young officer that should be explored more. :huh:

I had to say travis not for development but screen time like in the other posts he might as well not be their even the person that would sit next to data in next gen when wes was not their got more lines but if you are talking development I would have to say hoshi would have gotten my vote