Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Who deserves a promotion?

Which member of the Enterprise Senior staff deserves a promotion?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which member of the Enterprise Senior staff deserves a promotion?

• Malcolm Reed (to Lt. Comm or Comm)
    • Hoshi Sato (to Lt. or Lt. (j.g.)
    • Travis Mayweather (to Lt. or Lt. (j.g.)

I'm wondering who deserves a promotion on Enteprise. I can't include Trip, T'pol or the Captain because a promotion would take them off of the ship (Trip and T'pol to Captain, Archer to Commodore). Phlox also has no rank so he can't be included. So its down to Malcolm, Hoshi and Travis. I listed two ranks because I'm not sure if Lt. Commander and Lt. Junior Grade exist on Enterprise.

Anyway, I'd vote for Malcolm. He's done a lost of good work on the ship and I think he's in line for some recognition. (Plus, we know that he could have been promoted in the future.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

Stardate:213860.9

Hoshi.Her staying on that planet and getting the info about the weapon on "Exile" was above and beyond the call of duty.She risked her safety and faced down her fears to get that.Plus it was voluntary.She deserves a promotion!

But i agree that there isnt much room for a promotion on that ship

I voted for Hoshi because her ability to communicate with new species has proven to be priceless. She certainly deserves to be more than an Ensign.

Hoshi! Hoshi! Hoshi! She has grown and deserves something for getting over her fears. I know that is not good reason but O'well, it works for me. :huh:

I go with Malcolm too.

He often saved the ship (spontaneously Singularity, Silent enemy came to my mind) and his captain (Judgement, Detained) therefore he deserves it.

But I agree there is no little room for upgrading, especially when considering that their trip to the stars "just" began.

Unfortunately the writers are no fans of promotions. Remember poor Ensign Kim and the rest of the VOY crew who would have deserved a promotion after contact to starfleet was established.

Guest bella

It has to be Malcolm.

He's upgraded the phase cannons by connecting them to the impulse engines, developed a working force field, invented Tactical Alert, modified phase pistols to make them effective against the Borg...

and then on top of that, he's saved the ship/Archer/day in: Detained, Silent Enemy, Shuttlepod One, Shockwave II, The Andorian Incident, Singularity (and was unconscious at the time, which is pretty clever!) -- possibly more I can't think of right now.

He should have been promoted when they returned home during The Expanse.

I wonder if he's upset some Admiral?!

I guess I'm really in the minority (so far). I said Travis. I can see giving a promotion to anyone of the three, though.

I voted for Travis just because I think they have too many ensigns on the ship. I know Hoshi has done plenty to deserve it but she still complains too much.

I agree with Tank: Hoshi would be an absolutely terrible choice for someone in command. She still whines too much and is a bit indecisive (though she got a lot better in "Exile").

Malcolm's just too eager to fire off his piece and is a bit pushy - I don't think he'd be at all good at considering the overall objectives of a mission or other officers' suggestions. He's also a bit too negative - this would not be inspirational to any subordinates.

Travis generally makes the right decisions and shows a flare for what he does. I say Travis should get it if anyone, but then again, he has had such a small role to date, it's really hard to justify it. At this point, I'm against any promotions, but if it has to happen, then Mayweather gets my vote. He's competent, confident and able to come up with good alternatives to solve problems.

I agree with Tank:  Hoshi would be an absolutely terrible choice for someone in command.  She still whines too much and is a bit indecisive (though she got a lot better in "Exile").

Malcolm's just too eager to fire off his piece and is a bit pushy - I don't think he'd be at all good at considering the overall objectives of a mission or other officers' suggestions.  He's also a bit too negative - this would not be inspirational to any subordinates.

Travis generally makes the right decisions and shows a flare for what he does.    I say Travis should get it if anyone, but then again, he has had such a small role to date, it's really hard to justify it.  At this point, I'm against any promotions, but if it has to happen, then Mayweather gets my vote.  He's competent, confident and able to come up with good alternatives to solve problems.

I agree with you Red Shirt. You said it better than I could. Down the road I'd like to see Travis promoted to Lt. (jg).

I voted for Travis. He was amazing in The Breach when he saved Trip and Malcolm when they were sliding down the embankment in those caves despite his injured ankle. He certainly has shown that his piloting skills are top notch. Wasn't it in The Expanse that he pulled the Enterprise into a loop to get behind the Klingon Bird-of-Prey. And landing the shuttlepod on the asteroid in Impulse was pretty impressive too.