Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Star Wars Fans Thread

*waves* Hello, fellow SW fans! :o Does anyone here post on TheForce.Net Jedi Council forums, or only the official site?

I go onto TheForce.net to look at some of the fan artwork for Episode III.

I can't post at starwars.com, but I am watching the Episode III web docs.

:o

*waves* Hello, fellow SW fans!  :o  Does anyone here post on TheForce.Net Jedi Council forums, or only the official site?

Hello : )

I've never posted on TFN. I prefer SW.com.

Although I peek in on sw.com from time to time, I've never posted there. They don't have fanfiction (my primary interest) and tf.n has a fantastic fanfic community. Plenty of talented fan artists, too, as The King mentioned. :o

We've got Cartoon Network in the UK, but finding a broadcast of 'Clone Wars' is difficult.

Besides, I can't watch a three minute TV show, I want to watch all of them at once. I know that the US version of Cartoon Network are showing all the episodes, but so far, nothing over here.

I can't watch Clone Wars on starwars.com because I don't subscribe to Hyperspace and the non Hyperspace Quicktime Internet option of watching Clone Wars is only available to people in America.

:blush:

Yeah, tried it.

I tried to watch them on Quicktime and Real, it says that it is only available to people in the States, just like starwars.com

I guess George Lucas couldn't give a crap about people unless they're American.

It's bad enough charging people for Hyperspace content like galleries, web docs, and web cams which were totally free to all for Episode I and Episode II. I guess Lucas feels that since this is the last Star Wars movie, he needs to bleed those last few dollars from all the fans out there.

It's even worse when he denies all the Star Wars fans outside of the States the right to even watch the new show on the Internet.

I guess we're not good enough for the Bearded One's high standards.

:lol: :lol: :blush:

Yeah.....

In fact, and I may be the only one who feels like this..

Because of George Lucas denying some people the right to see Clone Wars, and making it difficult for anyone without Hyperspace to see web docs, or pictures, or concept art or anything related to Episode III, I'm not at all excited about this last Star Wars movie.

The hype has never really sparked for me because for some reason it just feels as though Britain has been kinda left out of the loop.

Production has switched to Australia, because it's cheaper despite the fact that The Original Trilogy was filmed here. I can't access anything to do with Clone Wars so the back story that it may provide, filling in the gaps between Eps. II and III will be lost on me, and I haven't seen any really interesting info from Ep.III because of Hyperspace.

My overall feeling for Episode III is really.....meh!!!

Somewhat apathetic towards it.

Overall, the prequels have disappointed me. I'm actually more excited about the Original Trilogy's DVD release.

Yes, I'm not sure why, but I definately have felt a sense of Britain being isolated and alienated from Star Wars by George Lucas in the build up to Episode III.

It started with Hyperspace and then Clone Wars.

It almost feels as though the fact that we made The Original Trilogy counts for nothing. Everything is centered on Australia and America.

Not certain what the reason is.

It's like there's a party going on and we're the only ones who haven't been invited. As though Star Wars is now for everyone else in the world....except us.

:lol: :blush:

Edited by The King

Well, i can understand why Lucas had Hyperspace members get to see Clone Wars because of the last chapter. Including the 'new bad guy' appearance in "making Episode III".

I regard the Original Trilogy as the 'real' Star Wars.

These abysmal prequels for me are nothing more than some weak background information with a few nice lightsaber fights.

I regard the Original Trilogy as the 'real' Star Wars.

These abysmal prequels for me are nothing more than some weak background information with a few nice lightsaber fights.

I Consider It All To Be "Real Star Wars"..Or Canon..Whatever..lol

But The OT Is Much More Interesting...

But I Have Enjoyed The Prequels, Blah Blah Blah, Yada Yada Yada.... :lol:

The Original Trilogy is a masterpiece, that will never be equaled by the Prequels.

Episode III may be good, but it's far too late to salvage the Prequels, the damage has been done. I've given up on expecting anything too good from Star Wars, I am generally unimpressed by Episode's I and II.

For me, Episode III is nothing more than a novelty in "How they got to Episode IV". Once I've seen it, I'll forget about it pretty quickly, while I'll always love the OT.