Sign in to follow this  
B4_

Vulcan critters

In the animated series we saw two types of native Vulcan animal,the fierce Le'matya and the "teddy bear"-like Sehlat.I want to see them on Enterprise.I've read about them in the novels,saw them on the cartoon,and want very much to see them on Enterprise.How about you?

Yeah.That would be great.Maybe we could see them as part of T'pol's dreams,or flashback scenes?Maybe on a Vulcan colony (although why they would transport Lematya's to their colony,I haven't any idea...sounds suicidal).

I'd love to see one. Seeing one might help explain why ANY Vulcan would want one of those nasty things as a pet!

I read about Spock's pet "Vulcan Teddy Bear" in the Star Trek Logs,but have never seen one.Maybe I'll browse for an image later and post it.

Sure,it'd be fun to see one of Enterprise.Though not aboard ship...they're HUGE.

:thumbs:

I read about Spock's pet "Vulcan Teddy Bear" in the Star Trek Logs,but have never seen one.Maybe I'll browse for an image later and post it.

Sure,it'd be fun to see one of Enterprise.Though not aboard ship...they're HUGE.

:thumbs:

Heres a look at Spocks pet sehlat from Yesteryear...

Yy04.jpg

Treks history is rich with many things we never really saw or saw only briefly like above. I like ENT for bringing much more nature into the story(s) via Phloxs species, more couldn't hurt though.

It seems like from reading the novels involving Vulcan (e.g., The IDIC Epidemic, The

Vulcan Academy Murders, Vulcan's Forge, Spock's World, et al.) that lematyas and

sehlats are not only large, but extremely vicious (Spock's pet being a notable and

rare exception), meaning that one probably would not want one on a starship. It would

be intersting to see more of Vulcan, though. It has always maintained a mysterious

presence in the Star Trek Universe. Maybe the ST gods want it that way.

It would be great to see some of the native Vulcan wildlife. Maybe they could have an episode take place on Vulcan after they are finished in the Expanse in which they see some of the wildlife and scenery of Vulcan, as they would be pretty much free to create much of it as they go along, since we have seen very little of Vulcan on any of the series.

More Vulcan animals! Yay! I so agree.

Do you think Romulans might have brought some Vulcan animals to Romulus too? That would be interesting...