Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "Twilight"?

What Rating Would You Give "Twilight" Out of 10?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What Rating Would You Give "Twilight" Out of 10?

Stardate:213855.9

I had to wait till today to see the episode cause i missed it on Wensday!!!

Click for Spoiler:

Unbelivealbe episode!!! Definitly the best ENT episode so far and one of the best Star Trek episodes i have ever seen.The scene with Earth blowing up was absoutley cool!!!!Is it just me or did the Xindi weapon look kinda like a borg sphere with a ring around it??Also Archer's reactiong to hearing that there were only 6,000 humans left was real good.Great acting!!It made me feel real bad too.Imagine that only 6,000 humans left!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG!!!I also liked how Archer was shot and dying and with his last breath was able to overload the reactor.The scene were the bridge was blown apart was real good too.Also liked the refernece to Ceti Alpha 5 and the Mutara Nebula.

All in all definitly the best ENT episode so far and its gonna take a hell of a lot to top it.10 OUT OF 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't watch an episode because you know Earth can't get destroyed, then why watch season 3 at all.  The entire season is based upon Enterprise's mission to save Earth.  We know they will succeed, but does not mean it's not worth watching.

^Yeah, if that's the case, why watch Enterprise at all.

Any way, I voted a 9 out of 10, just because it does have a similar equation to previous alternate future episodes (Yesterdays Enterprise, Year of Hell) and I didn't really like a few bits of dialogue (Soval and T'Pol, T'Pol and Tucker after she collided with the Xindi ship, and Trip's interogation). And the last bit where T'Pol gets Archer a pillow felt forced. All of it wasn't terrible, was it all irratating.

Aside from that, I loved it. Those were all minor things that take away slightly from what is, IMHO, the best episode of Enterprise yet.

Click for Spoiler:

The scene where Archer returns to the ship and sees all of the crew again was very touching for me.Seeing sequences after the captain lost his memory against the Reptillians were really good. And it all hit me kind of hard when first of all Earth was destroyed, when the bridge was destroyed, and then when T'Pol was killed. I don't know why but with everything that T'Pol had gone through for Archer, it was just a shock.

Like I said, the best episode of Enterprise yet, in the best season of Enterprise yet.

Well, time to finally post my thoughts. They have been delayed till now because I had to wait to catch the ep till Sunday. I am ashamed to say ... I was watching the new Star Wars animated short. On to the ep.

Click for Spoiler:

Jonathan Archer feels like a shuttlepod landed on his head.

I feel like my gut was ripped out and used as a banjo. This episode was brutal, emotional, & introspective all at the same time.

What a way to begin, the massive Xindi weapon surges toward earth like a living seething cannonball, echoing the scene of the last defense against the Borg invasion in Star Trek First Contact, except here there is no army, here there is no hidden advantage. There is only slaughter, horrible slaughter. We watch as the sphere, we have only seen on maps and can barely even comprehend the size of though we live on it, withers, cracks, and fragments. There is death. Archer gazes in awestruck horror. Theme begins. The theme is almost poignant since it is a mockery if the previous happenings are true. "Nothing's going to bend or break me." a proven wrong statement.

Then there's the first scene of the old Captain with T'pol. Frankly, I love these scenes, and that's the reason I do. "The Love." T'pol has given up everything to protect the captain from himself. Never asking anything in return. This is love. It is not the sexual ambiguities UPN throws at us most weeks. This is love. Now, I don't necessarily wish for a relationship between Captain Archer and T'pol in the regular timeline, but I do applaud the choices made here. I thought they worked together very well.

The ending, while very similar that of a very different movie (Galaxy Quest), was unexpected, moving, and painful to watch. I nearly wept when the bridge went with the crew. Again a brave choice.

Frankly the overall reason I loved this episode was that it made me care about the characters as I never have before. I emoted with them all. A rare thing in television.

I gave the ep a 10. Simply the best crafted hour of television I've seen in a long while. Not always pleasant to watch, but riveting.

CQ

I am ashamed to say ... I was watching the new Star Wars animated short.  On to the ep.

:wow: Don't be ashamed to be a Star Wars follower. Hell I kind of preferit over Star Trek, in many ways. :huh:

May the Force be with Ya':=8{-}8=:

Edited by Commander Ericks

Click for Spoiler:

I gave it 9.5 rating. What a great episode. I read someone comparing it to 'Year of Hell' from Voyager and I can see the comparison. As I've said before if you love these characters it doesn't matter if the story is similar to another episode and that's  all it was, similar.  IMO this episode was much more intense than YOH. The Earth being destroyed and only 6,00 humans left...Yikes that was terrifying. Not only did the Xindi destroy Earth but they're searching for us in every corner of space to destroy ever last one of us.  That was something I hadn't thought about.  It was interesting because even though I knew everything would turn out in the end I didn't know how we would get there.  That's what makes a great episode IMO. Like it was meant to do it did renew the sense of urgency to the mission and my dislike for the Xindi.  What a great follow up to last weeks softer episode. Just when we start sympathizing with the sloth species they throw this one at us. Makes you wonder how come none of these "good" Xindi wouldn't put a stop to our exterminaton when they found out.  I guess they're a lot more bad Xindi than good.  Well of course I can't leave out the wonderful scene with Archer on the bridge with his shirt off.LOL It was nice to see the softer Archer again. I really liked last weeks episode but this one blew it away. Great FX. I could go on and on. I can't wait until next week.

I just happened to see "Twilight" and I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Therefore I voted 10.

I fully agree with Archerfan and Spacetigger.

Click for Spoiler:

I liked the reference to TOS movie "The wrath of khan".

And I liked seeing the close relationship between Archer and T'Pol. As to me the attraction between Archer and Raijin is purely physical. T'Pol and Trip ? Well their relation developed, trust increased, but at this point of stage - physical attraction still the higher score.

Archer without a shirt on the bridge is alway a highlight. And well, the gray hair suited him. I have a thing for men with gray hair - ask my hubbie

As to me it was a fascinating plot on what might happen if the Xindi got their way and the mission would fail.

Click for Spoiler:

Jonathan Archer feels like a shuttlepod landed on his head.

I feel like my gut was ripped out and used as a banjo.  This episode was brutal, emotional, & introspective all at the same  time.

What a way to begin, the massive Xindi weapon surges toward earth like a living seething cannonball, echoing the scene of the last defense against the Borg invasion in Star Trek First Contact, except here there is no army, here there is no hidden advantage.  There is only slaughter, horrible slaughter.  We watch as the sphere, we have only seen on maps and can barely even comprehend the size of though we live on it,  withers, cracks, and fragments.  There is death. Archer gazes in awestruck horror.  Theme begins. The theme is almost poignant since it is a mockery if the previous happenings are true. "Nothing's going to bend or break me." a proven wrong statement. 

Then there's the first scene of the old Captain with T'pol.  Frankly, I love these scenes, and that's the reason I do.  "The Love."  T'pol has given up everything to protect the captain from himself.  Never asking anything in return.  This is love.  It is not the sexual ambiguities UPN throws at us most weeks.  This is love.  Now, I don't necessarily wish for a relationship between Captain Archer and T'pol in the regular timeline, but I do applaud the choices made here.  I thought they worked together very well. 

The ending, while very similar that of a very different movie (Galaxy Quest), was unexpected, moving, and painful to watch.  I nearly wept when the bridge went with the crew.  Again a brave choice.

Frankly the overall reason I loved this episode was that it made me care about the characters as I never have before.  I emoted with them all.  A rare thing in television. 

I gave the ep a 10.  Simply the best crafted hour of television I've seen in a long while. Not always pleasant to watch, but riveting. 

CQ

Beautifully said, and I concur!

Click for Spoiler:

...  What a great follow up to last weeks softer episode. Just when we start sympathizing with the sloth species they throw this one at us. Makes you wonder how come none of these "good" Xindi wouldn't put a stop to our exterminaton when they found out.  I guess they're a lot more bad Xindi than good...

The fact that the "good" Xindi did nothing was one of the most realistic aspects of the episode.

What about the good Vulcans? What did they do, beyond saying " I told you so."? Were the majority of Germans in World War II suddenly evil? No. Our own world teaches us that extraordiary atrocities can occur even when the majority is moral, when leaders are strong enough and corrupt enough to bully and manipulate the general populace into actions they would not ordinarily do or permit. And think how slow the rest of the world was in responding the the developing tragedy of the concentration camps in World War II Europe. Thankfully we eventually got involved, but the Vulcans did not get involved in Earth's tragedy.

I think this episode, and the response of the Vulcans, helps show why the humans eventually came to lead the Federation. There are things the Vulcans need to learn from the humans that are far more important then technological superiority.

Click for Spoiler:

This episode is among my favorite ST episodes of all time. It's the same type of intense, suspenseful, look into the future episode that made certain TNG and VOY episodes so memorable, but Enterprise added their own touch to it. It was wonderfully acted and the script was amazing. Can't wait to see it again.

10/10

Yeh, late to the topic, I know. :dude:

I head an ENT weekly review topic on another board, so I wont type my thoughts all over again, but "Twilight" is probably my favorite ep of ENT so far. I give it a 9.0.

Sign in to follow this