Sign in to follow this  
subcommanderbeavis

non-canon TOS-era starships

Okay.I found these at www.ex-astris-scientia.org.

I really like the Lincoln-class,as I've always been partial to the spherical hull design of the old Daedalus-class starships.Might have been nice to see a larger variety of ships on TOS.Maybe we would have,had TOS lasted a few more seasons.

Click for Spoiler:

hercules.jpg

Hercules-Class

Click for Spoiler:

kremlin.jpg

Kremlin-Class

Click for Spoiler:

lincoln-refit.jpg

Lincoln-Class

Hercules-Class starship:(length) 167 meters (crew) 188 (max.speed) warp 4

Kremlin-Class starship:(length) 161 meters (crew) 86 (max.speed) warp 5.6

Lincoln-Class starship:(length) 154 meters (crew) 210 (max.speed) warp 5

Interesting that the smallest ship has the largest crew.And the ship with the smallest number of crew has the faster maximum speed.

I've been to ex-astris-scientia.org a few times (a few dozen :lol: ).There are some nice ships.Not many from the TOS-era,though.I think you culled the best of those designs from the TOS gallery.I think the TNG and post-TNG ships there tend to look too similar.There are like a dozen ships that follow the Miranda-class design ethic,and the only difference between them seems to be the shape of the warp nacelle,or the placement of a sensor pod or running lights. :P I doubt the Starfleet ASDB would manufacture a totally new variant on an existing design just to place the running lights in a new position. :P

Nice pics,Subcommander.

Edited by Captain_Smiley

Simple,yet elegant.That pretty much sums up the Starfleet design ethic throughout all the eras of Star Trek.These ships are an excellent example of that.

It would have been nice to see many varities of starships and shuttles,and different technologies on The Original Series.I just don't think the shoestring budget would have permitted it,even if TOS had lasted another season or two.