• Space Amoeba
    • Denevan Neural Parasites
    • Ruk (Exo III android)
    • The Gorn
    • Beta XII-A Entity
    • Taurus II Giant
    • Rigellian Warrior (Kaylar)
    • Other (Specify)

The Original Series had tons of great creatures.I personally liked them all,but was especially fond of the Gorn Commander in the episode "Arena".I also liked the creepy Denevan Neural Parasites.(shivers)I can still hear the sounds they make!

Vote for your favorite.

I voted for the Gorn Commander. I liked the episode with Kirk fighting against him. :grin:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I voted for the Horta. She was a very cool monster, with that last of the species, trying to save the future generation thing going on. Also, I love the scenes with Spock doing the mind-meld and McCoy trying to patch the thing up and the famous line "I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer."

Mugato,all the way!

They should have stuck with the name in the script,and called it a Gumato. :grin:

I voted for the Horta, although I like them all. I first got into Trek when my youngest sibling was about 4. He loved Trek, but the Gorn scared him to death! He was prone to nightmares when he was little, and would walk in his sleep, so he would run out of the room when the Gorn came on. He never thought a lot of the amoebas that killed Kirk's family. He said it wasn't too scary when Spock was attacked by flying booger pizzas. :lol:

I found the Gorn really scary, i must have been all of five the first time i saw the episode and had to hide behind the sofa. :lol:

The Gorn was a scarey one, you know, we humans have a revulsion to reptiles!

Oh.The neural parasites,definitely.

They were on the first episode of Star Trek I can remember watching as a small boy.

Oh.The neural parasites,definitely.

They were on the first episode of Star Trek I can remember watching as a small boy.

I always thought that they looked like pancakes myself! :drool:

But at least Star Trek (TOS) had more diversity than the usual aliens with ridges.

Gorn for me. Yes-guy in rubber suit. Still like it. Love the alien species. The Space Amoeba-well, sure. Liked that ep a lot. Good drama, with Spock giving himself for the sake of the crew, and Bones' quips at the end...one of those classic Enterprise vs. huge threat eps...the Horta should throw in , a well-written episode...

the Horta. PAIN!!!! :laugh:

that gets my vote. Salt Vamp would be second

the Gorn looked cool, but the fight was embarrassing. It's called something like "worst TV fight ever" on youtube, and I find it hard to disagree.

Did luv it when the boulder strikes Gorny, unfazed. I will say, though- I recently ref'd the ep to a friend, and said, heck, Kirk could simply have OUTRUN his opponent, slow as he was!! Heh heh...still like ARENA...

I voted for the Horta. I thought it was very well done with the technology at hand at the time.