Sign in to follow this  
Captain Ericks

O'Brian in First Contact

I was watching First Contact last night, and about the where we first see the Defiant, I thought to myself 'They could have had O'Brian on the ship too. he could have beemed over with Worf, and had atleast a few lines.'

I thnk it would have been great.

Yeah, now that you mention it it could have worked. Him and Geordi on the planet fixing the Phoenix, that would have been awesome! Great idea!

I would've enjoyed seeing Miles and Geordi working with Zefram.Come to think of it,was Jadzia still around at the time?I would've loved seeing her,too.

i think she was already dead. cause Worf took over command of the Defiant and temporary command of DS9.

I would've enjoyed seeing Miles and Geordi working with Zefram.Come to think of it,was Jadzia still around at the time?I would've loved seeing her,too.

i think she was already dead. cause Worf took over command of the Defiant and temporary command of DS9.

No, because Jadzia was killed when DS9 had the new uniforms(grey and black). First Contact was the first time we saw them. They were incorperated into the show afterward.

DS9 - Season 1 / TNG Season 6

DS9 - Season 2 / TNG Season 7

DS9 - Season 3 / Generations / VOY Season 1

DS9 - Season 4 / VOY Season 2

DS9 - Season 5 / VOY Season 3 / First Contact

DS9 - Season 6 / VOY Season 4

DS9 - Season 7 / VOY Season 5 / Insurrection

Hope that helps with when TNG, VOY, and he movies take place with DS9.

As for Jadzia's death, that's in the Season 6 finale, a year and a half after ST:FC. Also, when was Worf in command of DS9? :lol:

Miles is associated with TNG, but he never really shined until DS9. He had a few TNG episodes, but was a major character through out DS9. Worf was not. Worf had his main stay on TNG, so him being in the movie makes the most sense. I'm not saying it wouldn't have been great if O'brien made it into first contact, but I'm just saying why the writters may not have bothered. The other possibility is that they thought about the idea, but dissmissed it because O'Brien would most likely be repairing the Defiant after the battle.

They wouldn't have had time. The ship was losing life support and within minutes the Enterprise followed the sphere through the cronometric vortex (I love Star Trek techno-babble).

No I meant, they wouldn't have had time to get a repair crew onto the Defiant. The survivors were bemaed on board the Enterprise. (sorry for un-clarifications, on my behalf)

Miles O'Brien is one of my favorite Trek characters.Anytime they can work him into a story is great,IMO.I would've enjoyed watching him take Barclay's place.

I liked Barkley's bit in there. But I would have loved to see cheif O'Brien, working with Geordi again.

Miles O'Brien is one of my favorite Trek characters.Anytime they can work him into a story is great,IMO.I would've enjoyed watching him take Barclay's place.

No real comment on your post,TB.Just wanted to say,great avatar.She's really,ah,bouncy... :o

Anytime you can find room to put Chief O'Brien into a Trek movie,or episode that's a good thing.He's a great character.

No real comment on your post,TB.Just wanted to say,great avatar.She's really,ah,bouncy... :o

I concur. Very nice. :o