Sign in to follow this  
APW

High School Football

I love high school football.I watch it whenever I have the time.I love the intensity of the players and the rowdy crowds.Its great.

I played football my sophomore and junior years.I was a backup quarterback,and the team's kicker both years (JV,the first year,varsity the next).My school wasn't partuclarly good those years.I think we won a total of 1 game out of eighteen. :lol: Still,it was fun...and that one game felt like the superbowl.

Tonight my old high school crushed their league rival 77-3.We've got a young kid named Jacquez Mason at runningback.He is going to be a major NFL star one day.Mark my words.He's a sophomore.16 or 17-years old.Anyway,tonight he ran for more than 300 yards and scored...get this,6 touchdowns.At the end of the game he didn't even look winded :lol: I am impressed.

Jacquez Mason is averaging 200 yards per game and 2 touchdowns per game,so far this year.

I was a cornerback from '75-'78 at West Bakersfield.Great teams,and a great football tradition.West is still a state power.

I quarterbacked my high school team for 2 years (junior,senior),played quarterback 1 year (freshman) for the jv,and missed one year due to an injury.I wasn't like all Duante Culpepper :lol: ,but I was pretty good.We never finished worse than third in our league.I seriously considered continuing on into college,but decided not to after talking to a career counselor and my father.My future lies in a kind of different direction.

My brother plays quarterback for my old school's junior varsity now,so I try and keep up with him and the team.He's not as good as I was :lol: ,but they're doing good.

I prefer the college and pro games.

Uh,from 1987 to 1990 I was an offensive lineman (right guard,center)for my high school.I started that first year on the junior varsity,but an injury to the varsity center/long snapper enabled me to move up to varsity right away (after 3 games at JV).I remained varsity (and earned 2 letters),from then on out.Unfortunately my school was the perennial doormat in a conference loaded with some of Maryland's best high school programs.We never had a winning season,but we played hard every game and forged strong bonds between ourselves.It was probably the best time of my life.I still have my letterman jacket,but can't fit it any longer. ;) I'm too broad across the shoulders now,and a lot fatter :grin: .

;) I'm too broad across the shoulders now,and a lot fatter :grin: .

Well good for you, I don't like or trust thin clowns. Be proud of your jolly girth.

I am the quarterback of ...

Click for Spoiler:

my armchair!

I've never actually played the game.

;) I'm too broad across the shoulders now,and a lot fatter :lol: .

Well good for you, I don't like or trust thin clowns. Be proud of your jolly girth.

I am the quarterback of ...

Click for Spoiler:

my armchair!

I've never actually played the game.

If you knew what I know about clowns,you'd never trust ANY of them!

And believe me,I know clowns,I am honestly a professional clown,and I have worked for a couple of small-time circuses,but now support myself by hiring out for private gigs.I've kind of fallen out of love with the idea,but can't say I'd be good at anything else.Plus,it pays the bills.

Clowns are scary.Little kids instinctively recoil from us.There is a reason! :grin:

Stardate:213838.9

I was an offensive lineman my freshman year.I probably would of played afterwards too but I was doing 2 sports(baseball and football) and didnt really have time for both do i choose baseball

I live right across the street from a community park where a local high school plays its "home" games in football,soccer and baseball,so if I'm just sitting around and have nothing to do,I'll sit on the porch with my field glasses and watch the games.

I wrestled my junior year in high school,but didn't have a particular good experience,so I never went out for any other sports.

I was pretty good at basketball,but I dropped out of high school without ever joining the team.Actually,knowing that I wouldn't be playing for a team and a coach I had admired since childhood was the hardest part of leaving school.

No.

I never went out for sports in high school.This brings back a funny memory though,some guy on the wrestling team got into an argument with trekkiebabe when we were both seniors and called her a commie *itch and I took him down to the grass and almost choked him out before the wrestling coach came running and jerked us apart.Was he mad?No.He was disappointed I wouldn't wrestle for him :grin:

I wrestled my junior year in high school,but didn't have a particular good experience,so I never went out for any other sports.

:grin: Hey!Are you the guy Tinkles choked out?Was that the bad experience?hahahaha....just teasing,Cap'n smiley!

;)

:P Hey!Are you the guy Tinkles choked out?Was that the bad experience?hahahaha....just teasing,Cap'n smiley!

:lol:

Heehee...I'll bet he was.

:P

How about it Smiley?

:lol: Hey!Are you the guy Tinkles choked out?Was that the bad experience?hahahaha....just teasing,Cap'n smiley!

No.That wasn't me.

I just hated the wrestling coach.He was some monsterous steroid-freak named Boyett,claims he played for the Oakland Raiders back in the 70's.He was always going on about the Raiders,and what "real" men they were because they were tougher than other men,and how we wrestlers should go the extra mile and workout in the gym longer,practice harder...which seems great,but this guy's idea of working harder was In-fu#@ing human!!!!Guys were dropping left and right,and he'd treat them like dirtbags because they couldn't keep up with him.We were kids!!!!What did he expect?So I quit after telling him off.He was fired later that same year.I never found out why.Now,he's a cop!He is a California Highway Patrol officer.The $#@! actually pulled over a friend of mine a year ago and ticketed him.My buddy called me and said,"Hey,guess who I ran into?"

Hope I never meet up with him. :P

Yeah.If you were the reason or part of the reason he got canned,the guy is probably holding a grudge.

I've seen coaches like that.My baby brother's little league coach is a real bast*rd.I've gotten into that guys face a time or two for pushing his kids too hard.Adults like that just take all of the fun out of competing in sports.

Stardate:213877.9

Speakng of High School football my high school team just made it to the state playoffs for the first time since 1979 yesterday.Thanks in big part to our new had coach formal had coach of the University of Idaho Todd Hoiness.

Well the celebration was short lived.Today we faced the No.1 ranked team in the state and lost.We didnt just lose we got stomped 66-0 :blink:.Oh well at least we did bette than Aberdeen

Todd Hoiness welcome to Hoquiam Football :wow: