Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

11years ago today

I don't know why, but last night I decided to log into this website and have a wee look. Had been a long time! Just noticed now this evening that to the day, I joined this site eleven years ago. Time just flies, it really does ... scary lol

I miss the old days when there was so much Trek to discuss! I, too, am a "founder" having joined this site back in the good old days myself. I'm always so proud of the designation when I glance over there at my name. I'm really hoping that one day there will be a new series and we've all got something new to discuss, debate and laugh about!

I wonder if there's some good Trek done by fans that we can discuss while waiting for rumors about the next movie to go crazy over. :biggrin:

Here's what I was thinking the other day. I play a lot of video games on PS3/PS4 and the graphics have become so real it's like watching a movie. Check out "The Last of Us" ... the story/acting was amazing, but the look of the game was just crazy realistic. L.A. Noire is an older game, even, and it looked fantastic! And they are getting better with every system. So, what would keep them from computer animating a Trek series, allowing the original actors to do the voice work, the characters on the screen would look exactly the right age forever. There would be no more concern over actors getting too old or too heavy to pull off the roles. Wouldn't it be great to see Picard and the gang again? The DS9 guys with Sisko returning from the wormhole looking just like he did when he went in? Janeway back to her fighting weight? Now there would be a load of Trek I could get excited about discussing!

Great idea!

Watching the Clone Wars I would often think pretty much the same thing. Trek has its own galaxy to play in with tons of story potential just laying fallow while Star Wars fills that niche. It's such a shame the Trek property isn't being grown to its fullest potential.