Sign in to follow this  
Captain Ericks

Enterprise from 'All Good Things'

With the Enterprise-E, I just had to wonder how the updated NCC-1701-D would factor into the future. It does bring up several questions

Why wasn't the ship destroyed in the first place?

Why didn't the ship de-commisioned?

..and just for the heck of it, what was with warp 13?

Just looking for your input.

Simple. It was a "possible" future created by Q. When Picard told his crew about events of the Q-created future, that effectively made sure that the future would unfold differently. Their knowledhe undoubtably started a chain-reaction of events that would lead to larger changes, and so forth.

Yeah, that future will no longer come to pass if only because the Enterprise-D was destroyed. Also, Troi is still alive and she was supposed to die in 2375 in Q's future. I'm sure there are other discrepancies.

I wasn't saying that I minded it, I was trying to be quite clear clear about that. But I hasd the thought that maybe it was Picards time shifting that ended up changing things. Think about it. Picard ended up telling the crew about how the crew was separated, and drifted apart. Who knows, maybe Riker left and a new first officer took over and maid it destroyed the Bird of Prey, before it caused the core-breach. Maybe Deanna was assinged on a different mission, which she wouldn't have been on now because she married Riker, which led to her death.

I could keep going all day, to no real point. But it is something to think about.

and as well I rember ad. riker say that when he became an admiral he picked the enterprise as his ship and thats why it did not get decomishend.

Even the past segments were not what had actaully happened in the past. Data only had Lt. full grade pips when he meets Picard in Engineering in AGTs. In the present, Picard confirmed with Troi that the red alert when he first came onboard the Enterprise had not happened. I believe the past was changed since it was an anti-time phenomenom.

It was called an anti time line. This is like a parraell future, Q knows the future so he may of changed it to make Picard think. I just recently watched it just last night, I noticed somwthing that they didn't do right in the past. In season one the command area didn't have the chairs stuck to the floor rather stuck to the horse shoe, drop down point. At first the side panels I thought were wrong I soon remembered I saw a version in Parreals.

The Enterprise D in All Good Things is a Galaxy class Dreadnaught upgraded vessel. I guess like the others said, it was one possibility of a future.

The Enterprise D in All Good Things is a Galaxy class Dreadnaught upgraded vessel. I guess like the others said, it was one possibility of a future.

I figured that it had to be something re-fitted, like the original Enterprise in TMP.

Yeah, whats up with Warp 13? if in Voyager warp 10 turns you into a lizard, shouldnt warp 13 turn you into an amoeba or something?

From My Trusty Star Trek Encyclopedia

We suspect that this future should be regarded as an alternate quantum reality, a possible future, but not necessarily the one that will unfold in the "real" Star Trek timeline. In particular, we don't know when or if the warp scale might be recalibrated again to make warp 13 speeds a reality.

Yeah, whats up with Warp 13? if in Voyager warp 10 turns you into a lizard, shouldnt warp 13 turn you into an amoeba or something?

Warp 10 didn't turn Tom Paris and Kathryn Janeway into lizards, it caused them to evolve at an exponetial rate, I believe. They didn't mutate into lizards till Tom took them to a swamp-world.

tom was the one slowly mutating into one. but here's the thing know one knows from the episode, Tom took it all the way to warp 11 causeing the mutation to Janeway.

tom was the one slowly mutating into one. but here's the thing know one knows from the episode, Tom took it all the way to warp 11 causeing the mutation to Janeway.

As far as I see it, there were no indications that Tom would become a giant lizard till after he "became" a Lizard with Janeway on the swamp world. How could he reach Warp 11 when Warp 10 is suppose to be infinite speed?

I liked the upgraded D at one time, but now I think it looks awful! And what the hell is the point of a third nacelle?

As for the warp 10 evolving Janeway and Paris... that story does not make sense. If you take a species (we will call it species A) and put half the population on island one and half the population on island two, the species will quite likely evolve differently depending on how different their environment is. The species on island one could turn into a new species called species b while the species on island two could turn into a new species called species c. This is a simple example. Now lets take humans for example. In Star Trek humans have found their way into the 4 corners of the galaxy. Some are completely isolated from other groups like the ones seen in ent. I'm sure there are other examples. So it is likely that humans over eons will not evolve into just one species but several distinct species that are no longer human or equal to each other. So why did Tom and Janeway evolve into one particular species. It doesn't add up. Heck, why couldn't they have de-evovled instead because by travelling at infinite velocity they would have to travel at every speed including those above the speed of light which have to do with anti time. Saying this, the velocities should have cancelled themselves out like just about everything else does in quantum mechanics and the resultant speed would actually be the speed of light. So there you have it, warp 10 should be the speed of light. Too bad warp 1 surpasses that! I guess warp 10 would really be useless if it were "infinite" speed. Wow, I can't belive I just came up with all this right here and now. I does make sense according to quantum theory. Hmmmm, any thoughts? I think I'll add this to my site (it's under construction so please don't ask for the URL just yet)

I had the idea once that it might have been that certain plasma that was being used. Didn't Janeway say something about a new type of plasma or duiterium being found. It might have been that certain type that caused the mutations. I think it still might be possible to achieve a faster speed then warp 9.9.

It never makes any sense when humans evolve on Star Trek.Lizards,spiders,lemurs,cavemen....its just stupid.

Well..To be Fair...TheSpider And Caveman Thing Was De-Evolution, lol

I think in the episode Picard comments that each time-line is separate from the others so the possible future can be discounted. Plus it can be discounted anyway since the -D got destroyed.

But, that refitted Enterprise-D was cool I thought. Niagra-class vessels have a third nacelle too.

With the Enterprise-E, I just had to wonder how the updated NCC-1701-D would factor into the future. It does bring up several questions

Why wasn't the ship destroyed in the first place?

Why didn't the ship de-commisioned?

Just looking for your input.

1. its a possible reality. Since the crew split up earlier then expected because of conflicts & Troi's death. Picard retire earlier & no one went to the star system where Soran did his handy work, so the Galaxy class is alive.

Then the sisters rule the Klingon Empire & wage another war or sort in that other universe. etc.etc.

2. Warp 13, after Voyager's return they surely are able to make such things with many new type of engine specs. Remember Warp 13 is just a name, who knows what its really is. It could be that after passing the warp 10 barrier they have achieve faster then warp 9.9975. It could even be Transwarp itself.

3. Decomisioned, that's because Riker kept the ship for himself as Admiral he said that in the episode.

Q said that the future could change at any time..Thats why there many Enterprise's...