Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Fuller’s Mockingbird Lane Pilot To Air

Mockingbirdlane101512.jpg

Although Bryan Fuller‘s Munsters reboot was not picked up for a full series, fans of the project will still get to see the pilot, just in time for Halloween.

Fuller (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Voyager) says that Mockingbird Lane is not finished yet.

“If we get a huge number, all the cast are in line to be picked up and to go to series,” said Fuller. “And that was one of the things that NBC wanted to make sure, that they had all of the cast deals in line, so that if we did get a big number and audiences proved their appetite for this type of show, that they could move very quickly.”

The actors involved in Mockingbird Lane, including Jerry O’Connell, Portia de Rossi and Eddie Izzard as Herman Munster, Lily Munster and Grandpa, are under contract to the show until July 2013.

“My fantasy of the show getting out there is people say, ‘Wow, this is one of the best NBC pilots of the fall, and it’s great that it’s airing and everyone should take a peek at it,’” said Fuller.

“It’s gorgeous, every frame is sumptuous. You get to have these really interesting actors coming in and taking their spins on these classic characters. I love the original Munsters and didn’t want to step on it in any way of putting people in Frankenstein makeup and Dracula makeup. So we went our own direction.”

Other Star Trek alumni are involved with Mockingbird Lane, including Costume Designer Robert Blackman, Bryan Singer (who directed the pilot and was an executive producer) and John Kassir (Star Trek: Voyager: Critical Care‘s Gar), who will play a character named Tim in the pilot.

Mockingbird Lane will air Oct 26 at 8 PM on NBC.

Thanks to Matthew Klamm for the tip!

View the full article

From the pictures I have seen and the clip they released this show will be a big waste of time and money. Hollyweird need to stop "rebooting" and remaking everything and make something new. This will be the third incarnation of the Munsters and will fail faster than the second version. Leave classic television and movies alone.

Technically it already failed. They, (NBC) weren't even going to air the pilot but decided what the hell. This presentations is primarily an attempt to recoup some of the 10 million spent on it. IF, IF, the numbers for the pilot airing are HUGH it MAY get new life.

'Mockingbird Lane' Premiere: Bryan Fuller Hopes Halloween Special Is Just The Beginning

Bryan Fuller isn't giving up on "Mockingbird Lane" now that it has a premiere date. NBC will air his "Munsters" reboot as a Halloween special, but Fuller, the creator of "Pushing Daises," told TV Guide he hopes that's just the start of all things Lily, Herman and Grandpa.

"Airing a pilot as a standalone seems unheard of, but when you actually see the 'Mockingbird Lane' pilot it has a beginning, middle and an end," Fuller said. "It's an emotional story of a family told in such an unconventional way, and with so many different tools that we have at our disposal because it's 'The Munsters' and not a regular family unit. It's such a different show that it merits a different way of getting it out to the audience."

The cast, which includes Eddie Izzard, Portia de Rossi and Jerry O'Connell, is all under contract until July. Should the pilot deliver a solid audience on Friday, October 26 at 8 p.m. on NBC, Fuller has plans for at least six episodes.

more at above link

I am interested in watching the pilot based on what I've read about the reinvention details. This isn't simply a rehashing of the Munsters as that last attempt was, this is a really fresh, imaginative take on the characters.

Fuller once said the following, with regards to the the narrative and emotional core of the concept:

“… What I love about the ['Mockingbird Lane'] pilot story is it’s about a family who loves each other and they have a child [Eddie, the werewolf] with a disability and they’re trying to craft a path for that child so he can have a happy life — they just happen to be monsters. And, unlike in the original, we’re going to see our monsters do monstrous things.”

http://screenrant.com/nbc-mockingbird-lane-pilot-movie/

I'll give it a try, mainly because I'm a fan of Jerry O'Connell.

Hubby and I saw it last night, and I was surprised by how good it was, and how much I liked it. It seemed to have a good balance of funny (but not too "silly"), serious, and creepy. I hope they do more!