Sign in to follow this  
Vic

No Original Series Actors In Star Trek 2

For fans hoping to see William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy or other actors from the original series in Star Trek 2, it looks like you’re out of luck. Plus: the possible return of Captain Pike, and an Abrams Star Trek 2 progress report.

The word over at Showbiz 411, from a “source close to the next film,” claims that none or the original series actors would be returning for Star Trek 2.

STX052411.gifHowever, a guest star from Star Trek XI may be returning. Blastr reports that a part has been written for Bruce Greenwood. “Spoiler alert,” Roberto Orci told TrekMovie readers. “We wrote a part for Greenwood. Let us hope he says ‘Yes!’”

Finally, J.J. Abrams gave a progress report on Star Trek 2 to MTV. “It’s a little early to be talking about Star Trek,” he said, but I will say that they wrote – the three writers, Damon, Bob and Alex – they wrote the most amazing script, and I’m thrilled to get a chance to direct it. It’s totally mine to screw up, so if you don’t like it, it’s completely on me.

“Our sets are almost done, so we’re going to go back and start shooting next month.”

Abrams also spoke about how the movie will be filmed. “We’re shooting on film, 2-D, and then we’ll do a good high-end conversion like the Harry Potter movie and all that,” he said. “Luckily, with our release date now we have the months needed to do it right because if you rush it, it never looks good.

“We were talking about [shooting in IMAX] and I would love to do it. IMAX is my favorite format; I’m a huge fan.”

View the full article

For fans hoping to see William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy or other actors from the original series in Star Trek 2, it looks like you’re out of luck. Plus: the possible return of Captain Pike, and an Abrams Star Trek 2 progress report.

The word over at Showbiz 411, from a “source close to the next film,” claims that none or the original series actors would be returning for Star Trek 2.

STX052411.gifHowever, a guest star from Star Trek XI may be returning. Blastr reports that a part has been written for Bruce Greenwood. “Spoiler alert,” Roberto Orci told TrekMovie readers. “We wrote a part for Greenwood. Let us hope he says ‘Yes!’”

Finally, J.J. Abrams gave a progress report on Star Trek 2 to MTV. “It’s a little early to be talking about Star Trek,” he said, but I will say that they wrote – the three writers, Damon, Bob and Alex – they wrote the most amazing script, and I’m thrilled to get a chance to direct it. It’s totally mine to screw up, so if you don’t like it, it’s completely on me.

“Our sets are almost done, so we’re going to go back and start shooting next month.”

Abrams also spoke about how the movie will be filmed. “We’re shooting on film, 2-D, and then we’ll do a good high-end conversion like the Harry Potter movie and all that,” he said. “Luckily, with our release date now we have the months needed to do it right because if you rush it, it never looks good.

“We were talking about [shooting in IMAX] and I would love to do it. IMAX is my favorite format; I’m a huge fan.”

View the full article