Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

TNG Gets a facelift

post-120-0-09333500-1317847523_thumb.jpg

I am looking forward to seeing TNG in Blu-ray as the re-runs look awful now on a big 40-odd inch sized screen especially when you are used to the high quality we have these days. Even TOS looks better than TNG in its remastered format. I wonder if the silly little things they put into TNG Ocudagrams in the background (like the rubber duck) will show up in HD? I am so glad I have not bought TNG on dvd...

startrek_1.jpg

I am looking forward to seeing TNG in Blu-ray as the re-runs look awful now on a big 40-odd inch sized screen especially when you are used to the high quality we have these days. Even TOS looks better than TNG in its remastered format. I wonder if the silly little things they put into TNG Ocudagrams in the background (like the rubber duck) will show up in HD? I am so glad I have not bought TNG on dvd...

My understanding was that they could make them in HD because of the post production process that they opted for when they were making the episodes.

I'll have to look into these, I'd love to see them in full HD.

Only way for them to tempt me to double dip the series is if, in addition to the BD re-mastering they do a complete overhaul of all the special effects as well.

We're already into that series by $700 so it's gonna need to blow our socks off!

It might just be worth looking into... watched the series all over again via Netflix, and can agree it looks a lot different on the HD screen than it did when I was a kid!

I got a blue ray player, and have had one, also got a ps3. I really don't know if I want to reget the series, I love it, but do you really want to repay to get something most of us already have?

I didn't get them, my old DVDs up-scale well enough on the BD player. Besides, no one wants to watch them anymore anyway.

Lol let us just say that I learned my lesson from my way to many copies of each harry potter movie... LOL.

I didn't get them, my old DVDs up-scale well enough on the BD player. Besides, no one wants to watch them anymore anyway.

Lol let us just say that I learned my lesson from my way to many copies of each harry potter movie... LOL.

RRRRGH. Those Harry Potter Blurays really tick me off. No directors' cut of any of the films (what the heck?), the earlier movies had just about nothing done to enhance them, PLUS there were barely any special features at all. I mean, I know you just can't compare ANY movie special features to the Lord of the Rings extended editions and all that extra content, but, gosh, all the crazy hype about the box set and then it's just big let down.

In the UK the Sy Fi channel showed TNG in remastered HD right up to season 5. Really looks well, like brand new!

I am getting an itch for TNG in HD and with entire series sets now available for about a $100 or less, the time may be drawing nigh to take the plunge.