Sign in to follow this  
master_q

A Ghost? A Shadow Person? You Decide!

Happy Halloween

A Ghost? A Shadow Person?

You Decide!

window_closeup1.jpg

I am affiliated with the Alabama Foundation for Paranormal Research. We have an interesting picture (close-up above, full image below) that I would like your audience to take a look at. I haven't exactly figured out what it is, but it is definitely interesting.

This picture was taken by an elderly lady in Mt. Juliet, TN. She had always told her relatives that there were "ghosts" in her back yard. They simply come out of the woods, "walk around," and eventually disappear. Seeing that no on really believed her, she decided to take pictures the next time they came around.

Just to the left of the flash reflection, you will see the oranged-colored "ghost." It is not known what this apparition is, but it is definitely something. An investigation by the relatives found that there was nothing that could possibly cause this reflection. The lady lives alone, she's over 80 years old, and she gets around using a walker. She really has no reason to try to fake this.

This image was scanned in from a physical picture. There have been no attempts to change or enhance the image other than the closeup of the actual apparition. Would be interested in hearing what your audience can offer on this one.

--Blake Wylie

blake.wylie@puresafety.com

window_ghost1b.jpg

A Ghost? A Shadow Person?

You Decide!

~~Happy Halloween (and keep the lights on)~~

logo_hdr_2.jpg

noory2.jpgCoastToCoastAMart4bio.jpg

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I believe in ghosts.

I usually won't get into conversations like this,since I don't like being laughed at or thought a fool,or told that I could not have experienced things that I clearly have by people who weren't present.But I have encountered ghosts before.

Ghosts and "other" things.I have actually been physically assaulted by such once,when I was eleven years-old.Given a nasty shove.

Whenever I see a ghost picture taken through a window, my first thought is "reflection".

I am still undecided on the existence of ghosts. I have not seen or heard of anything I would call conclusive, or even highly intriguing.

i dont know i do have to say ive had a few strange things happen to me, and i remember once when i was a kid i swear i saw a ghost in my room. but at any rate that pic is intriguing, but non-conclusive.

I believe in ghosts.

I usually won't get into conversations like this,since I don't like being laughed at or thought a fool,or told that I could not have experienced things that I clearly have by people who weren't present.But I have encountered ghosts before.

Ghosts and "other" things.I have actually been physically assaulted by such once,when I was eleven years-old.Given a nasty shove.

Wow.Really?

Want to explain exactly what happened?I won't laugh at you.I'm just curious.I love supernatural phenomenon.If you don't want to post your story,maybe you could just send me a PM?Or,if you don't want to explain,that's okay,too....but,I really would like to know the story of that attack.

:grin:

I belive in ghosts,but as u can know a lot of those ghost pictures are fake.This picture,on the other hand,Looks totally real and it is freaking me out!!! :lol: :P :oops: :oops:

Myself,I've never seen,felt,or otherwise experienced any sort of ghostly phenomenon in my life.But I won't say that ghosts do not exist.I'd love to see one,actually.

I'm afraid that I am very skeptical when it comes to things like this.I always look for the logical explaination first.Supernatural phenomenon is something of a hobby of mine,and I do a lot of browsing on the Internet in search of spirit photograph's,EVP recordings,and the like.To date I've not seen one picture or heard one recording I could honestly call a ghost.Though,there are a handful that are very,very peculiar and not immediately dismissable.

This picture,I've seen before,I think.

The "ghost" is a tree stump.The branches and foliage to the side and front make the illusion of semi-invisibility.Very spooky,eh? :lol:

I do not believe in ghosts, nor any superstitions or paranormal activity. I am a certified photo lab technician, and have worked in photographic forensics.

As far as I can tell from the computer screen, the photo doesn't appear faked, nor is it a reflection. A reflection can be seen in the image, just in front of the person. The photograph doen't appear to be a photographic double exposure. If it was, there would have been some background information in the persons clothing.

However, the photograph appears to have been staged, as seen by a seemingly innoticible amount of added illumination in the yard. The added illumination was to make certain the person was clearly seen. Then a story was concocted to make it seem like there was an apparition that was photographed accidently.

The picture ain't fake, folks, just the story surrounding it is.

I believe in ghosts.I have experienced supernatural phenomenon.I usually just shine the hardcore "I don't believe in anything except myself!" crowd on.

TrekkieBabe and I were once hiking up around the Sierra Nevada foothills,and on our walk we met a guy about our ages.Real nice,too.He wanted to walk with us for a while,and we let him.We just talked about music,and nature,and politics.You know,just shooting the bull.After about a half an hour,I asked the guy a question and he didn't answer.That's when we noticed he was gone.And there was no way he could have taken off without either TrekkieBabe or myself seeing him leave,believe me.The area we were at wasn't heavily forested or obstructed,you could see for a pretty good distance in all directions,and the guy was just gone.

TrekkieBabe's theory was that maybe he was a guardian angel or something and protected us against,we don't know what?But after whatever danger was passed,he let us continue on.I don't know.Her theory sounds as good as any I could come up with.

As to the photo,I can't say.I'm no photo professional.TrekkieBabe is,though.I'll have her take a look and post her thoughts.

Sure ghosts exist.

people that think they know everything tick me off.

My grandpa has a lot of really funny sayings,one of them is "Oh,how the protestations of the intellectual is like the braying of an *buttocks*." :eek:

Man,my mom would kill me if she knew I typed that word! :drool:

Hmmm, interesting picture! I love to ghost hunt and it seems authentic to me.

Well, I have a few pictures of ribbon vortexs and some with a few orbs, but I'm too lazy to show them... eh, tomorrow!

Well,like I said earlier on this thread.I do not "not" believe,I merely want to see some proof.I want to experience some form of supernatural phenomenon in the worst way,but never have.

A very good friend of mine,whom I left behind in California when I moved here to New Mexico,was a professional ghost hunter.What a great job!I wanted to go with him on a few assignments,but never had the time.Work kept getting in the way.Like me,he does not necessarily disbelieve,he just wants conclusive proof.He once told me that in the past thirty-years (his time hunting spooks),he has run across very few cases where he could not explain away supernatural causes or uncover outright hoaxes.However,there were some cases that have left him puzzled and unable to say some manner of ghostly activity was not at hand.

Some friends of mine from FCC and I have been talking about putting together an amateur ghost hunting team.Just for fun,on the weekends or something.We're thinking about taking some cameras and recording devices out to a couple of local cemeteries reported to be haunted.None of us have a clue what we're doing.We just want to see what we capture on film and casette.We might bring my camcorder,too.

Actually,the cemetery in Fowler,California is a scary mother....its rumored that on a quiet day,if you lay down on the grass there and press an ear to the ground,you can hear the dead speaking,as if someone were whispering up at you. :blink:

My parents both swear that they did this when they were dating in high school.My mother has never returned,despite the fact that she has many close family buried there,including my great-grandmother (who practically raised my mother).My dad hasn't been back in many years,either. :thumbs:

Commander Peregrin's intelligence Log:

The Earthmen are apparently a superstitious species,with belief in the paranormal.They fear "ghosts"...what we might call,G'rymora.And imagine hidden meanings and portents in the very constellations of the heavens!What further proof need we of their stunted evolutionary growth,or their status as quasi-sentient?

Log off.

On closer examination of the full frame photo, I can see, and possibly prove, that the photo is genuine. There is a small bush in the foreground, where its shadow is falling to the left. This means that the yard was lit from the right. If it had been lit from the camera's flash, you would not see a shadow. However, the camera's flash never made it that far, as seen by the black area immediately past the window frame.

As for the light on the yard, it is loaded with a reddish tinge, meaning tungsten light was used. And a great amount of light was needed to light up the landscape. An amount of light not usually found around a home under normal circumstances. A 150 watt yard lamp will not illuminate an area as large as can be seen. There is a slim possibility that a vehicle's headlamps were used, with one side being darkened. If both sides were used, there would be two shadows made by the bush. However, a vehicle's headlamps wouldn't throw such a wide beam as seen on the surrounding foliage. The light (illumination) was man-made, possibly by two closely spaced 1000 watt photographic flood lamps. The angle of the illumination is too close to the ground for it to be sunlight, and sunlight is a different color.

Photographic color temperature from the sun is 5800 degrees Kelvin (leaning towards blue); while photographic light, from a tungsten source, is 3600 degrees Kelvin (slightly reddish). The photograph is almost perfectly color balanced, as seen by the white window frame, and the reflection of the flash. This means that the illumination, covering a part of the yard is artificial, and not sunlight nor camera flash.

One of the things adding to the eerieness of the photo, is that it was photographed through ordinary window glass, which will add a slight amount of distortion to the picture. It's that distortion that gives it the look and effect of an apparition.

In summation, the photograph is real. There are no signs of doctoring, nor is it a multiple exposure. In essence, the photograph was staged. The story, however, is a different matter. It is a work of fiction. An 80 year old woman may not know how to operate a simple point and shoot camera. (I have met quite a few elderly people that didn't know how to adjust their hearing aids, after having and using them for several years, nor how to replace batteries in a flashlight.) Lower the woman's age to 60, and it might be more believable. Also, to make the story more believable, do not mention that a paranormal group was involved. That alone sets off the red flags. They want to get as much stuff published as possible. It gives them a credibility boost.

At this point, it may seem trivial, but I like it, as phony as it is. We need a good ghost story at Halloween time.

Now, if you want to hear something really scary, I was one of the photographic lab technicians working on the OJ Simpson murder trial photographs. Due to police presence in the lab, I couldn't escape with any copies of the murder victim photos. I did get a few copies of a young woman (16 years old) being autopsied, following a murder by her boyfriend, which took place a year earlier than the OJ trial. Very gruesome stuff.

BTW: to bananas the hut, I will be the first to admit that I do not know everything. I do hold several college degrees, with photography being one of them. Plus, the certification for photographic lab technician isn't easy to come by. Add that to the fact that I have spent many years in the industry, probably more time than you have been on this planet. You're grandfather is correct. People that seem to know everything tick me off too. However, I do know photography and photographic lab techniques, and that is one subject that you can't fool me on. If you want to discuss carpentry or sports, talk to someone else. I'm lucky to know how to change the blades on my power saw.

Edited by SoCalTom

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU WANT SUCH A HIDEOUS MOMENTO?

THATS DISGUSTING.

:huh:

I had to testify in court that the photos weren't doctored or altered in any way, shape or form. It's a long story. To make it short, I was an "expert witness." The murderer (the girl's boyfriend) was sent up the river for life without parole. I ended up with some extra photographs that I haven't thrown out yet.

George Noory Coast to Coast AM is a good radio show about the paranormal and other things. That's where I learned various things, ie the leprechaun sightings in Ecuador.

:dude: :) :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::dude::dude:

doctorwho42avenger@hotmail.com

"What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn't-it's the beginning. Although Alan Talbot doesn't know it, he is about to enter a strange new world, too incredible to be real, too real to be a dream. It's called the Twilight Zone."-The Twilight Zone, "In His Image" (1/3/63), 4th season