Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RikerChick

Phoenix Comicon 2011

I'm just going to go ahead and start this now. I'll add pics of our costumes as I finish them and it'll just make it easy to add pics next week.

My horta skirt (almost finished)

horta skirt 1.jpg

Phoenix Comicon

Follow @PhoenixComicon on twitter

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/csYilVxhLi0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:) I miss having a annual Con here in town!

You're so lucky having a local Con to go to without driving for hours.

Don't forget to take lots of pictures!

Rachael posing in her Comicon costumes.

One new (Weed), one from last year that she's wearing again (Padme) and one store bought because she fell in love with it before I could start making it myself (Aurora).

Ginga Densetsu Weed

2011-05-18_15-10-32_581.jpg2011-05-18_15-10-38_2931.jpg

ginga-densetsu-weed.jpg

Padme Amidala

2011-05-18_16-54-57_1571.jpgImage1.jpg

2011-05-18_16-55-32_5991.jpg

Princess Aurora

2011-05-18_16-01-07_3271.jpgDisney_Aurora_princess.jpg

2011-05-18_16-02-41_3871.jpg

Thanks guys! :D I still need to get a pic of me in my horta costume. I'll get one today.

Comicon today! :yahoo: At 4:45am Rachael was standing over me saying "Are you getting up?! It's comicon today!" She's just a little excited lol. One more cup of coffee than I need to start getting ready. It takes over an hour to get downtown on bus and light rail but three days worth of passes for three people is still cheaper than parking downtown for three days and a lot less stressful. Not to mention there's lots of other fun geeks to talk to on the way there. :) I'll post pictures later.

I don't have time to post much, need to mend my skirt and get to bed, but I want to post this one picture. Robert Duncan McNeill, nicest guy ever! He was so sweet. Told Rachael how great her costume was and when Rachael was too shy to meet his eyes he bent down to her level and told her "It's OK, I was real shy as a kid too". I think Rachael may be in love (though it doesn't show in this pic lol). She's been telling everyone about him.

phoenix comicon 2011 Friday RDM.jpg

Great job on the costumes! I hope you have a great time!

Thanks! Lots of fun so far. :)

RC great costumes, hope you and Rachael have lots of fun. I assume that you follow Rachael around with a baseball bat or better still a bat'leth to keep the boys at bay.

RC great costumes, hope you and Rachael have lots of fun. I assume that you follow Rachael around with a baseball bat or better still a bat'leth to keep the boys at bay.

Lol that's Robert's job. ;)

I'm completely exhausted from the con but I'll get the pics uploaded and online soon. Here's our Nimoy pic though. The Horta skirt is all smooshed in it from trying to get us all in the frame. Very nice man. I don't think he was ever not smiling the whole day.

nimoy smaller.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures and stories! Cons are indeed fun, and the more effort one puts into it, often the more one gets out of it. It's nice to see our members attending and sharing their experiences. Hopefully your family can continue to attend this con which sounds like it was lots of fun!