Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Star Trek Potato Heads

For the young or the young-at-heart Star Trek fan, a new toy arriving this summer should prove to be popular.

Star Trek Mr. Potato Heads will be released in August, beginning with a Captain Kirk and the Klingon Kor set.

MrPotatoHead012711.jpg

The first set “includes a variety of components to mix and match and is perfect for play or display!” The set will sell for $30.00 each and can be pre-ordered now.

Future sets will include characters such as Spock and Uhura, and may also feature original series equipment and or Enterprise components.

“Even though it’s taken a lot of time and hard work, this project is like a dream come true for me, speaking personally,” says Dean Gorby, PPW Toys’ business manager. “I grew up in the 70′s and TOS was my favorite show. So to work on a project like this is surreal.

“It was very important for us to base the first Star Trek Mr. Potato Head figures on TOS. Mr. Potato Head was created in 1952 and in the 60′s he grew more popular, so his history overlaps with TOS. Plus, it just seemed like the right fit; the ‘classic’ series works perfect with this ‘classic’ toy character.”

Those wishing a sneak peek can see the Star Trek-themed Mr. Potato Head figures at the New York Toy Fair next month.

View the full article

I wonder if Kor is going to buy a Kor Potato Head? That could be his wife's new cutesy nickname for him, she could call him her little potato head. ;) If she gets mad at him she could yell hey POTATO HEAD!!! :P

Why do I have the feeling that I had better stay away from car shows around Baltimore to keep from getting run over by a red Dodge? :)

J/K Kor but this was just too easy and I refrained from the rest of my ideas.

When I was in Korea 20 years ago we were teasing one of the guys in my squad about looking like a potato head. We went into this village in the middle of nowhere and this old woman starts talking to us in Korean for a minute about who knows what. We had a Korean Army translator with us so he was able to interpret. When we asked what she was saying he pointed to the soldier we were teasing and said in broken English "She say he look like potato head." ;)