Sign in to follow this  
Luvin1stdegree

Sears and the Military

The following was sent to me via e-mail. I apologize if it's been posted previously, but I thought it was worth sharing.

Sears and the Military

Assume you have all see the reports about how Sears is treating its reservist employees who are called up? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up...

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for called up reservist employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution.

Suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

Pass it on.

Someone who received this decided to check it out before forwarding and sent the following email to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this email and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your store. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item even if it was cheaper at the other store.

Here is their answer to that email......................

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Sears.

The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback. Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn

<mailto:webcenter@sears.com> webcenter@sears.com

1-800-349-4358

Edited by Luvin1stdegree

Good idea,and I commend Sears.But,I can't afford to shop at Sears :klingon: .Last time I was there one little blouse for my daughter cost me $24.95.If she hadn't been so set on having it,I would have put it back and left.

Good idea,and I commend Sears.But,I can't afford to shop at Sears :laugh: .Last time I was there one little blouse for my daughter cost me $24.95.If she hadn't been so set on having it,I would have put it back and left.

That goes for me,too.

This past summer I went to the mall to buy a few clothes and browsed through Sear's men's section...wow :klingon: ,the prices were steep!I ended up driving across town to a few cheaper local clothing stores.

Still,Sears is to be commended,like SB,says.

I applaud Sears for taking such good care of its employees, especially those who are also in the military. :lol: