Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Quinto: Don?t Get Personal

Star Trek XI‘s Zachary Quinto ended an interview after the interviewer continued to ask questions that Quinto found to be too personal.

In an age of oversharing, Quinto is not someone who feels compelled to share every aspect of his life, and even a question about ice cream ended up being off-limits.

QuintoMarginCall111110.jpg

Quinto, starring in Angels in America, agreed to do an interview for the New York Magazine at the Signature Theatre Company’s 20th-anniversary celebration. Quinto was asked about his post-show ritual. “I like to take showers after the show,” he replied. “And then I read. I’m reading Jonathan Franzen‘s Freedom, like the rest of the world. But all these questions are too personal, sorry.”

“Let’s get less personal then,” said the interviewer. “What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?”

“Still too personal,” said Quinto. “Sorry.”

“Is there anything you feel okay talking about?” asked the interviewer.

“I’d rather just talk about Tony [Kushner],” said Quinto. “I’m just beginning to learn from him, how to string together so many cohesive, multidimensional, layered, and unique thoughts.”

With that, Quinto ended the interview.

In other Quinto news, the actor shared a picture of himself as risk analyst Peter Sullivan in Margin Call. Margin Call is the story of a group of “high-flying players” working at an investment bank just prior to the market crash of 2008.

Margin Call will release in the U.S. on April 15, 2011.

View the full article

Quinto is just acting like a spoiled brat actor that has let fame go to his head. He needs to realize that interviews are part of the fame and money he desires. Come on his favorite ice cream flavor is too personal? What an ass.