Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Damaged Shatner Star To Be Replaced

William Shatner‘s star on Canada’s Walk of Fame has been damaged and is slated to be replaced.

The stone, made of red granite, suffered damage due to weather and wear and tear. Shatner’s star wasn’t the only stone needing attention; four-time hockey Stanley Cup winner Gordie Howe‘s star was also in need of replacement. Damage to other stones has also been noted.

ShatnerStar091610.gifShatner’s star was installed in 2000. After his spokesman was contacted by the Canadian Press regarding the condition of his star, Shatner sent out several Tweets regarding the matter. “I hear my star on the Canadian Walk of Fame is a bit frazzed,” he said in the first Tweet. “But then again, so am I.” “I wonder if anybody hovering around that area can tell me what’s wrong with it and what needs fixing,” said the second Tweet.

Peter Soumalias, president of the Walk of Fame association, said that new plaques have been ordered for Shatner and Howe. “Canada’s Walk of Fame is a national treasure aimed at preserving the honor, integrity and permanent celebration of remarkable Canadians. Canadians coast-to-coast have expressed concern about this and we’re certainly committed to the ongoing maintenance of the walk.”

View the full article

William Shatner‘s star on Canada’s Walk of Fame has been damaged and is slated to be replaced.

shame

no shattner

The stone, made of red granite, suffered damage due to weather and wear and tear. Shatner’s star wasn’t the only stone needing attention; four-time hockey Stanley Cup winner Gordie Howe‘s star was also in need of replacement. Damage to other stones has also been noted.

ShatnerStar091610.gifShatner’s star was installed in 2000. After his spokesman was contacted by the Canadian Press regarding the condition of his star, Shatner sent out several Tweets regarding the matter. “I hear my star on the Canadian Walk of Fame is a bit frazzed,” he said in the first Tweet. “But then again, so am I.” “I wonder if anybody hovering around that area can tell me what’s wrong with it and what needs fixing,” said the second Tweet.

Peter Soumalias, president of the Walk of Fame association, said that new plaques have been ordered for Shatner and Howe. “Canada’s Walk of Fame is a national treasure aimed at preserving the honor, integrity and permanent celebration of remarkable Canadians. Canadians coast-to-coast have expressed concern about this and we’re certainly committed to the ongoing maintenance of the walk.”

View the full article