Sign in to follow this  
removed

STIV Music

I just finished watching STIV for the first time ever and I think that the music sounded really bad compared to STII. It sounded like very little attention was payed to that part and that the music wasn't important. I notice and appreciate movie music and I thought this was just bad. In STII the music was outstanding. Did anyone else notice this?

It maybe becuase when it was done it was done on analog, and when it changed over to digital for the dvd, it suffered, if you listen to any CD's from the 80's when they first made the recording , they're oringal form is analog, tape. where as now it is all digital, you you get the cracks, and peeps with analog, or your dvd is bad, or that in ST IV the music isn't really as important, there not any big battle scenes that creat emotion, i have always just looked at STIV as PSA for save the whales, i think thats your answer.... :D

The Voyage home?? Its ok Star Trek is famous for their Music but just the story line was great.. just watching Scotty talk to the mouse it funny enough for me..

now when i See him do that i think of the BlockBuster Commercial with the Mouse.. Simply Halarious!!

-Lauren :D

I thought the funniest part was the part in which gillian asks if kirk and spock like italian food and they have the little 'quarrel' over it. thats good stuff.

the voyage home was a good movie, but in terms of a movie like wrath of kahn that the music gave it more suspence, in the voyage home there wasn't as big a need for that type of music.

the music in twok was outstanding. i downloaded a ton of the songs and still arent bored of them. i especially love the intense khan music. it has a cool beat. its sensational.

I had no complaints about the soundtrack to Voyage Home. Yes, The Wrath of Khan had a much more exciting story. The soundtrack to it is also more exciting. By the way, I know somebody who loves The Wrath of Khan but is not that crazy about Star Trek. In fact, he does not like many of the episodes from the different series. Wrath of Khan is probably the most popular Star Trek movie. I would say probably First Contact is up there in popularity also. First Contact is my favorite movie. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

The music in Voyage Home is alright but by no means the best. I can remember when I saw Star Trek VI: The Undiscoverd Country in the Theater that the soundtrack blew me away! ST:6 is my favorite soundtrack but I'm also a really big fan of II and III. And despite what a lot of people have said I think that Nemesis is the best score that Jerry Goldsmith has done for a Trek film yet! I thought that the music in the first three TNG movies was a bit weak, but I have no complaints about Nemesis' score at all.