Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Bakula ? Quantum Leap Movie In The Works?

Fans of Quantum Leap may again get to see Dr. Sam Beckett leaping through time and into strange bodies and situations.

BakulaSmall.gifAt Comic-Con last weekend, Bakula told fans that a film may be in the works for the popular show, which aired from 1989-1993.

“It’s a great piece of TV history,” said Bakula. “[beckett] is what I’m known for, and it’s a great show to be known for.”

A script is supposedly being written by Quantum Leap creator/executive producer Donald Bellisario.

View the full article

I would love to see a Quantum Leap movie but have major reservations about it. I would not want to see it "re-imagined". With Hollyweird's penchant for remaking movies and television shows these days I would not want to see someone like Brad Pitt as Sam or Sam being Samantha ala' Starbuck played by Angelena Jolie or even worse. Can you imagine the hatchet job today's PC crowd would do to Al?

Awesome if the actually do it, they have been talking about QL ideas and bringing it back for years. I remember when they were talking about a spin-off about Sam's daughter leaping trying to find her dad.