Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Which Job Would You Like To Do....

Hmmm...let me think about that for a sec...I would want to be the Captain. Think about it you'd have total control of a starship the fate of everyone in the palm of your hands. You have to admit it would really be cool to be able to lead so many in glorious adventures and discovery.

Of course I would like to be Jean-Luc's wife :) :bow:

Just a little joke..

I would like to be at the helm ("Ensign, take us out of here, maximum warp!"). That must be amazing... Or security...

Mrs. Captain Picard

I'd love to be one of the ensigns/lieutenants who work at the back of the bridge. I'd love to be there just to be in the middle of the action! :)

I'd like to be a Captain, but if not that then in engineering. Love to work with my hands, take motors apart and put them back together again.

Helmsman for me. That would be such a cool job. Mr. Spacetigger, ahead Warp Factor 2..Aye Captain!.. :)

Definately Helmsman. In every email-rpg I have done in that past, that has been my position :)

I answered captain earlier, and I stick with that, but I think being a doctor or engineer would also be really interesting...

Security division.Anything to be around Yar every day.After she died,I'd transfer somewhere else.Maybe Ops.Conn was cool,but really 90% of the time it would be monotenous just sitting there staring at interstellar space or a blank viewscreen.I'd go bananas.At least with Ops you're coordinating various bits of information from all sections of the ship or doing other things to keep your mind busy. :)

Just take a look at my name; I would LOVE to be a captain of a starship. While I really wouldn't want to be a captain that sees the near destruction of my ship every week with a break during the summer months, it would be great to be involved with contacting new species etc. 1st officer would be nice too. Maybe I'll make it as captain as a cop one day.

Captain, or something medical... counselor or doctor, I wouldn't really care.

All of the ones where I can boss people around! :lol:

I'd be tactical, I'm used to standing for long periods of time, plus you're always the first to notice something. And there's a lot of pretty buttons to push that do a lot of things, like phasers and photon torpedoes.

I wouldn't want any job, I'd just want to check out the Holodeck.  :dude:

302585[/snapback]

See now that could be your job. You know how people are paid to Beta test video and computer games, you could be the one called out to test out and create programs for the holodecks. Or at least test them out anyhow.

Mmm...that's actually a hard one. :waaaa: It's kind of difficult to choose. I don't think I'd want to be a helmsman; after Wesley left it was always the helm guy that got killed. :P So, I think I'd like to work in engineering. That would be totally cool..knowing all about those warp engines and stuff. I've always wondered how they worked.... :P

Mmm...that's actually a hard one. :waaaa:  It's kind of difficult to choose. I don't think I'd want to be a helmsman; after Wesley left it was always the helm guy that got killed.  :P So, I think I'd like to work in engineering. That would be totally cool..knowing all about those warp engines and stuff. I've always wondered how they worked....  :P

304395[/snapback]

Actually, on TNG I think they only had a couple of helmsmen killed even when Wes was there so that's not as dangerous as you think. Engineering, on the other hand, has lost many crewmembers whether it be from hull breaches or some leak or other. I can think of a few episodes where they are evacuating Engineering and Geordi would get to the bridge and say "we lost a lot of good people".

Mmm...that's actually a hard one. :laugh:  It's kind of difficult to choose. I don't think I'd want to be a helmsman; after Wesley left it was always the helm guy that got killed.  :yahoo: So, I think I'd like to work in engineering. That would be totally cool..knowing all about those warp engines and stuff. I've always wondered how they worked....  :lol:

304395[/snapback]

Actually, on TNG I think they only had a couple of helmsmen killed even when Wes was there so that's not as dangerous as you think. Engineering, on the other hand, has lost many crewmembers whether it be from hull breaches or some leak or other. I can think of a few episodes where they are evacuating Engineering and Geordi would get to the bridge and say "we lost a lot of good people".

304401[/snapback]

Well, maybe I could be the person that goes back and redesigns the consols so they don't spark and explode if the ship moves an inch in the wrong direction. Is it me, or do they explode way to soon in combat? :yahoo:

I think I'd like to work in the Medical area of the ship, but something non-traditional.

One would think that in the future medicine would be proactive, not reactive and that's the sort I'd like to do.

I would definitely want to be in the Medical field, though I doubt my specialty would be all that useful (identification from bones).

I would want to be the Chief Security/Tactical Officer! That's what I've been in some RPG's, and I love that job! :P But if I couldn't be that, then I want to be a Security officer ( NOT redshirt! :) )

And of course I would like to be on the holodeck quite often, for duing some training, for example. :borgqueen:

:)

Edited by 3 of 7