Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Survivor 20 - Ponderosa videos

I miss Sugar. I realised the Heroes didn't have any fraking sense when they voted off that cute little flasher first chance they got.

It's really simple: Young girl who doesn't mind showing off her assets: Good. Old fat man with a broken toe: Bad.

I liked Sugar in her first season, hoped she'd win. I didn't see enough of her in this season to know how well she'd do. I don't think she'd really add much to the tribe dynamic honestly.

Of course I already know who wins and who gets voted out each week. So far not a single thing has happened that's been a surprise.

I liked Sugar in her first season, hoped she'd win. I didn't see enough of her in this season to know how well she'd do. I don't think she'd really add much to the tribe dynamic honestly.

Of course I already know who wins and who gets voted out each week. So far not a single thing has happened that's been a surprise.

Please tell me that feminine rinse storage device Russell doesn't win it.

And I swear Colby must be gay. If Sugar was flirting with me like that I would be "Corina? Nope, doesn't ring a bell."

And I swear Colby must be gay. If Sugar was flirting with me like that I would be "Corina? Nope, doesn't ring a bell."

If you really want to know how the rest of the season goes I'll PM you the boot list. But so far it's been 100% correct, so this would spoil the rest of the season.

This is why I would never date you (heaven forbid). As soon as someone else came along, that'd be the end of me.

This is why I would never date you (heaven forbid). As soon as someone else came along, that'd be the end of me.

If you want a long-term relationship with me I'm sure we could work it out.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

If you want a long-term relationship with me I'm sure we could work it out.

Pfft, when I can have anyone else that actually would value me in a relationship? Sorry Roy, but "I'm sure we could work it out" sounds pretty crappy in comparison.

The one time Russell uses the immunity idol for himself he doesn't even need it!

It doesn't really matter if you have the hidden idol. As long as people *think* you have the idol that is protection enough.

He did the same thing last season at one point.

The one time Russell uses the immunity idol for himself he doesn't even need it!

It doesn't really matter if you have the hidden idol. As long as people *think* you have the idol that is protection enough.

You know, I think Russell has to be one of the worst players to ever play Survivor. He does great for two thirds of the game but he doesn't seem to understand that he needs the jury to win and the way he plays guarantees that the jury will hate him.

You know, I think Russell has to be one of the worst players to ever play Survivor. He does great for two thirds of the game but he doesn't seem to understand that he needs the jury to win and the way he plays guarantees that the jury will hate him.

I wouldn't go that far, but he is one of the worst *recurring* players. Unfortunately he is also one of the luckiest.

Richard Hatch wasn't one of the most people-friendly players either. Didn't seem to hurt him.

I wouldn't go that far, but he is one of the worst *recurring* players. Unfortunately he is also one of the luckiest.

Richard Hatch wasn't one of the most people-friendly players either. Didn't seem to hurt him.

You really can't count the first season of Survivor when you're looking at who was good or bad. Well, not with who was good anyway. In Season 1 no one knew what the game was. Most of them seemed to think it was a "Survival" game, as in surviving the elements and hunger.

Take Hatch off of season 1 and put him on season 3 or 4 and he probably doesn't even sniff the jury.

With Russell, he just doesn't seem to understand that you win the game in the jury. Not in your strategy.

It's a Catch-22. You need your allies on the jury, but that means voting them off and making them no longer your allies.
Yeah, and that's where Russell is lost. He needs to put them on the jury in such a way that they aren't pissed at him. He tries to pit one against the other thinking that they won't talk to each other and if they aren't on his alliance then he'll just totally piss them off on purpose. No way JT, Rupert or Colby ever vote for him. Same with Amanda and Coach and Courtney. None of those votes go to Russell. That's 6 out of 9 jury votes right there.

It's a Catch-22. You need your allies on the jury, but that means voting them off and making them no longer your allies.
Yeah, and that's where Russell is lost. He needs to put them on the jury in such a way that they aren't pissed at him. He tries to pit one against the other thinking that they won't talk to each other and if they aren't on his alliance then he'll just totally piss them off on purpose. No way JT, Rupert or Colby ever vote for him. Same with Amanda and Coach and Courtney. None of those votes go to Russell. That's 6 out of 9 jury votes right there.

That's probably how this season will play out. Ultimately, however, the only way to have a chance of winning is to get into the final 2. If you don't get that far it is pretty much irrelevant.

That's probably how this season will play out. Ultimately, however, the only way to have a chance of winning is to get into the final 2. If you don't get that far it is pretty much irrelevant.

I agree, but the key is how you get there. Not just to get there. It should be a Final 3 this season and this season I don't see Russell getting any votes at the final jury.

His best bet was to try to make the final 3 look like this: himself, Dannielle, Jerri or kick Jerri out and add Courtney in or even Coach. The final 3 that he's going to be stuck with and the jury that it will make up guarantees he won't win if he's on the final 3.

I just watched it now. I can see why CBS combined 2 tribal councils into one episode. There wasn't enough interesting stuff for 2 episodes.
I think it also had to do with the alloted number of episodes they get and the fact of 20 contestants. They needed to get one more person out of the way to get the correct number of episodes. At least that was my thought on it.

I just watched it now. I can see why CBS combined 2 tribal councils into one episode. There wasn't enough interesting stuff for 2 episodes.
I think it also had to do with the alloted number of episodes they get and the fact of 20 contestants. They needed to get one more person out of the way to get the correct number of episodes. At least that was my thought on it.

They could have gone to 21 if they really wanted to. I think the Russell attacking people thing and the constant back-and-forth alliances is simply not as exciting for the viewers.

They could have gone to 21 if they really wanted to. I think the Russell attacking people thing and the constant back-and-forth alliances is simply not as exciting for the viewers.
That's the stuff I enjoy, I usually fast forward through the challenges and rewards. It's in the in camp stuff I that I like.

Rupert is a fraking idiot! What has he been saying all season long? Don't trust Russell. He's a Villain for a reason. So what does he do? He trusts Russell, and gets voted off!

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

I don't see that but I do agree, unfortunately, he'll never win the game until he learns not to alienate people from voting for him.