I watched Avatar for the first time the other night, I'd heard tidbits here and there since it's release and had seen a few commercials but other than that I knew nothing about it. I've been almost totally out of touch with the entertainment industry (TV, movies etc...) for about a year (maybe more) because of how busy I've been.

So when I watched the movie I knew almost nothing about it going in. In fact I had low expectations for it. I was plesantly surprised though and really liked the movie.

I found out later that it's also being shown in 3D and IMAX, though it's been out for so long that it's hard to find anyone in my area thats still displaying those versions.

I did find one place (an AMC theater) that has it in 3D so tomorrow I expect to be watching the 3D version.

Very good movie for anyone that hasn't seen it yet. I suggest looking into going if you haven't yet.

It really is spectacular in 3d. I think you'll enjoy it.

I agree that people should see it. Visually it is amazing, especially in 3D.

I agree that it was a bit long. It was also not the most original story imo, and had some stereotyped characters that could have been further developed.

It is however groundbreaking in its technical achievements.

I worry about having sequels to it. To me the story is complete as told.

The way it ended, I think it's sure to have a sequal.

I've watched it 3 times and may go again later this week. My 73 year old mother has watched it 3 or 4 times and her 2 sisters (both in their 70's) have also watched it multiple times and none of them are "sci-fi" fans. So that tells you how good the story is.

The 3D effects are very good, I think this is the first 3D movie I've been to since Jaws was in 3D back in the 80's (I think it was Jaws 3).

Hopefully there will be a sequal. This movie will go down as one of the greats

On one hand I'd really like to see a sequal and see them continue the story. On the other I'd hate to see them mess it up.

Technically (CGI)the movie is fantastic, the story isn't that great and it is too long and preachy to enjoy.

I watched it on the first Friday night that it was showing here. I admit that my opinion is probably due to being tired from not sleeping well the night before, but I was not a huge fan of the movie. I might watch it again at some point at home. After about the first fifteen minutes I just kept thinking "Fern Gully in Space"

I really enjoyed it. My waife called it "the best movie she's ever seen" and for her, that's saying something. We saw it in 2 d (we were not willing to pay an extre $2 a person).

I really enjoyed it. My waife called it "the best movie she's ever seen" and for her, that's saying something. We saw it in 2 d (we were not willing to pay an extre $2 a person).
I went in the afternoon and there was no extra charge. Honestly though, I think it was worth an extra $2 for the 3D.

I went in the afternoon and there was no extra charge. Honestly though, I think it was worth an extra $2 for the 3D.

Maybe it depends on the theater?