Sign in to follow this  
Angela

Walter Koenig's Son Missing

Andrew Koenig has been found dead. He apparently committed suicide and his body was found in Stanley Park in Vancouver, BC.

Actor Andrew Koenig found dead in Vancouver

Vancouver, BC — The Canadian Press

Family and police confirmed Thursday that Andrew Koenig, an actor who had been missing in Vancouver since Valentine's Day, is dead.

Mr. Koenig's father, also an actor, told a news conference at Stanley Park that his 41-year-old son had committed suicide,and that his body has been discovered in the park.

Walter Koenig, famous for playing Russian crew member Pavel Chekov on the original Star Trek series, urged anyone with suicidal thoughts to seek help.

Andrew Koenig disappeared on Feb. 14. He was best known for his role as Richard “Boner” Stabone in the 1980s sitcom Growing Pains.

Mr. Koenig was due back in Los Angeles on Feb. 16, but he never showed up - sparking a search of Stanley Park, one of the Mr. Koenig's favourite places.

Earlier this week, his father told a news conference at the Vancouver Police Department that his son suffered from depression and that the family worried he may harm himself.

My condolences to Walter Koenig and his family.

My deepest sympathies to his family.

having faught a major war and won, recently a small battle with depression, my heartfelt sympathy to Andrew as well. It is the worst kind of battle to go through.

It is very sad to be that young and hurt so much you feel you can not go on. The loved ones left behind will never be the same. The lose and hurt will be with them forever.