Sign in to follow this  
xenexian

Voyager series removed.

Sorry to say but it seems that You Tube has removed all of the Voyager series that was uploaded by Chromalais. No reason given but I suspect it has something to do with copyrights again and the desire of Paramount that nothing shall be free, especially if they own it. Or is it CBS now that owns all things Trek? Strange, as I scan the site, that I see many other Trek episodes from all the series' from other posters uploaded for viewing. Why remove Voyager? May Cardasian voles plague all the execs who made this bad call. And I was up to year 5, too. Shame.

They are taking down videos like mad in general at the moment. From what I've heard, they've also taken a lot of shipper videos down that had VOY scenes and music. (I thought it was because of the music and copyright issues that they took these videos down, but now that I hear this, I'm not so sure anymore.)

As I understand it, Paramount owns/controls all Trek Movie rights while CBS owns/controls all Trek Series rights. As for why they'd remove it, money, of course.

Nothing is free and funny in this world. It's all about money, legal rights, money, official drab products, money, killing creativity among ordinary people, money, killing interest for certain things and events, money, greed and money again. :congrats:

All of the videos that I made for the site and posted on youTube got hit with copyright issues, they just put advertising on them ald left them be though. I did notice that a lot of the other videos that I uploaded that got copyright hits are blocked from viewing in Germany though so maybe Germany has issues with YouTube in general.

It's all up to the copyright owner though, they can opt to leave the video/music there and just add some advertisments into the video or they can force the video to be taken down. I've had both happen.

I was planning to use the Youtube episodes to make Kes soundfiles. Now that little summer project went out of the window. :congrats:

OK, I have the season 1-3 DVD:s but it's too complicated to link the computer to the TV since the TV is in another room and I'm not technically skilled enough to handle all those things.