Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Picard

The Sir Patrick Stewart Topic

Plenty of Sir Patrick news for today!

1) He was spotted at Wimbledon today, watching some tennis after lunch:

tumblr_m66pioJD4N1r116c2o1_500.png

(Source)

2) And right now he's rather agitated - he's attending a 'showdown' meeting between the Super Sewer builders and those who campaign against it:

tumblr_m66rg8pWfk1r116c2o1_500.png

(Source)

Sir Patrick has decided to JOIN TWITTER AFTER ALL:

“I am about to enter the world of social networking. I have resisted for years but some influential people in my life have persuaded me,” he says. “My twitter account is not yet active. My FaceBook account is which means the dozen fake accounts have had to go away. It wasn’t until I sat down in my agent’s office and she showed me how many people were claiming to be me that I thought it was time to get on social media.”

The interview can THEORETICALLY be found here but it doesn't always show, they seem to be trying to lock it and make it members only or something. I SWEAR the above quote was there, though!

Sir Patrick is currently in Australia at the Oz Comic Con - here is a picture of him on stage with his son Daniel:

tumblr_m6f8eonNuQ1r116c2o1_500.png

(Source)

Sir Patrick trolling Stan Lee during a dinner in Australia - here

Edited by Mr.Picard

Sir Patrick will attend quite a few conventions in the next few months:

• Star Trek London, Oct. 19-21

• Austin Comic Con, Oct. 26-28

• New Orleans Comic Con, Nov. 30-Dec. 2

• Grand Slam Convention in Burbank, Calif., Feb. 13-15, 2013

• Official Star Trek Convention in Chicago, May 31 to June 2, 2013

• Official Star Trek Convention in Boston, June 8 to June 9, 2013

(Source)

Sir Patrick is at the University of Huddersfield today, handing out degrees and giving speeches!

tumblr_m793v4ssYI1r116c2o1_400.png

(Source)

There are rumors floating around on Twitter that Sir Patrick actually created an account. I have no idea how legit all this is since the account is locked for now, so, I am treating it as a newsworthy rumor for now.

What is NOT a rumor is that he visited Huddersfield Town Academy yesterday:

tumblr_m7grpyAmku1r116c2o1_500.png (Source)

What is ALSO not a rumor is that he is going to carry the Olympic torch on Monday!

Sir Patrick about half an hour ago, preparing for the Silverstone Classic Celebrity Challenge Qualifying:

tumblr_m7iofwrVnY1r116c2o1_500.png (Source)

Sir Patrick carried the Olympic Torch this morning!

tumblr_m7m7zuQCfO1r116c2o1_400.png (Source)

And he talks about how this whole thing felt over here:

Sir Patrick's Twitter account has gained a well-known supporter in the eternal quest of IS THIS LEGIT:

tumblr_m7oheuktiC1r116c2o1_500.png

(Source)

Right from Sir Patrick's Twitter: Sir Patrick & Professor Brian Cox, who received an honorary degree today:

tumblr_m7rpxrxe741r116c2o1_400.png (Source)

Check out this article in order to read the story of Sir Patrick's encounter with Ryan Lochte's gold medal AND his first mention of his Twitter account!

With all the fuss about the video, let's not forget that Sir Patrick's now in Israel, shooting a movie. He talks about it over here.

I went to the Chicago Wizard World Comic con today to see three Captains: Kirk (William Shatner0, Sisko (Avery Brooks) and Archer (Scott Bakula). A fourth Casptain was there in spirit with a Captain Picard action figure. It was originally put on the podium by the moderator. It made it onto the guest table. Subsequently Shatner picked it up as Avery pushed a water pitcher toward it. Shatner said, moving the figure's legs: "Look Picard's running! Look Picard's diving!" as he dropped the figure headfirst into the pitcher! Brooks broke up laughing. Eventually, minutes later, Bakula exclaims, "I can't stand it any longer!" removed the figure from the pitcher and proceeded to give it mouth to nouth resusitation, and chest compressions, finally exclaiming, "He's alive!" Pictures were taken and should surface soon, I'm sure!

Edited by trekz

I went to the Chicago Wizard World Comic con today to see three Captains: Kirk (William Shatner0, Sisko (Avery Brooks) and Archer (Scott Bakula). A fourth Casptain was there in spirit with a Captain Picard action figure. It was originally put on the podium by the moderator. It made it onto the guest table. Subsequently Shatner picked it up as Avery pushed a water pitcher toward it. Shatner said, moving the figure's legs: "Look Picard's running! Look Picard's diving!" as he dropped the figure headfirst into the pitcher! Brooks broke up laughing. Eventually, minutes later, Bakula exclaims, "I can't stand it any longer!" removed the figure from the pitcher and proceeded to give it mouth to nouth resusitation, and chest compressions, finally exclaiming, "He's alive!" Pictures were taken and should surface soon, I'm sure!

OMFG :roflmao: