Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Picard

The Sir Patrick Stewart Topic

Click here in order to have a look at a picture of Sir Patrick Stewart at Amnesty International's Human Rights Day event in New York. (Pic was taken yesterday.)

Click here in order to read what he had to say.

Click

in order to watch a phone interview with Sir Patrick in which he talks about his work with Amnesty International. And here is a message he wrote for the AI Facebook page.

And, last but not least,

is the trailer for The Sims Medieval that he narrates!

And, last but not least,
is the trailer for The Sims Medieval that he narrates!

Not a SIMS person, but that's a nice trailer.

I was forced to stop playing it after the extension pack with the animals for the very first SIMS version - my laptop could no longer handle it, lol. I love The Sims, though, it's a great game. If you know the cheats for money. I was REALLY thrilled to see Sir Patrick narrating the trailer for one! It means that he'll get the game as well. I know, I know, he stays away from gaming, but I just have a feeling that he'd become a HUGE fan of The Sims if he happened to play it for once... *snicker*

^

Yup, I know. That has caused quite a few people on Twitter to bash him in a "how low has he sunk" style. I didn't even bother to reply and tell them that he has done QUITE a few car adverts in his career, especially during TNG's run when he was most famous. It's not a matter of "sinking low". Sigh. Some people...

(Excuse my little rant, but I just can't stand it when ignorant people who know nothing about him make such statements as "how low has he sunk". *deeeeeeep sigh*)

Edited by Mrs.Picard

I personally think it is great it shows how popular he is and what a great voice he has.

Me, too. He could read me the phone book and I'd sit there and listen for hours.

You are his wife that is expected even if did not like his voice.LOL

Careful. :roflmao: If I decided I wanted to sit down and listen to Jean-Luc's voice, then yes, you're right. But if he told me to do it, I'd grab the phone book and slam it on his head. :roflmao::sick: I am not someone who can be told what to do - especially not by a man. I have a tendency to then do the exact opposite. (Which is why I'd make a lousy, lousy, lousy Starfleet officer.)

But then I guess I'd like him even if he didn't have such an awesome voice. In that regard you're absolutely right again. It's the whole guy. Not just the voice. :)

I agree. I always enjoy hearing Sir Patrick's voice. They are running a new National Car Rental commercial here in the States featuring his voiceover, this one featuring a businesswoman in the commercial. I always stop, listen and smile when I recognize his voice.

I agree. I always enjoy hearing Sir Patrick's voice. They are running a new National Car Rental commercial here in the States featuring his voiceover, this one featuring a businesswoman in the commercial. I always stop, listen and smile when I recognize his voice.

I saw one of these commercials (I think there's more than one) on Youtube and I enjoyed it a lot. ;) I wish we had his voice over here as well, but whenever there's a commercial that makes it over here, it gets dubbed. Sigh.

Need too teach Sir Patrick, German.

Hehehe he knows a few words - the basics only. Not enough to narrate a German commercial, I'm afraid.

He did greet us in German at a Trek convention he attended in 2004, though. (Learned it by heart before he went on stage.) I almost fainted when I heard him speak German. Needless to say that I just HAD to make this my cell phone alert for short messages, lol. (I'm not crazy, I swear!)

Edited by Mrs.Picard

Need too teach Sir Patrick, German.

Hehehe he knows a few words - the basics only. Not enough to narrate a German commercial, I'm afraid.

He did greet us in German at a Trek convention he attended in 2004, though. (Learned it by heart before he went on stage.) I almost fainted when I heard him speak German. Needless to say that I just HAD to make this my cell phone alert for short messages, lol. (I'm not crazy, I swear!)

So when Sir Patrick and other Star Trek guests attend a German convention, do they all speak English or do any speak German? Does most of the audience speak English or is there a translator?

(A universal translator would be perfect, right?) ;)

I've only been to one convention here and that was only because of Sir Patrick (I'm not really interested in the other actors *ducks*), but there was no translator anywhere. They all spoke English. There have been quite a few discussions about having translators, apparently, but it would simply take too long. A panel is brief enough, if everything had to be translated, even less questions could be asked.

I do remember that Sir Patrick thanked us for speaking English with him, though - he had apparently been afraid that no one would understand what the hell he's saying, lol.

Technically, yes. If I liked them - lol. They're a different con from the one Sir Patrick attended, the one he attended no longer exists.

There are quite a few issues that I dislike about that convention (don't want to go into many details but it has to do with - of course - Sir Patrick), so, even if they asked me if I wanted to act as a translator, I'd say no. I tend to hold MASSIVE grudges against people who bash Sir Patrick or say bad things about him that aren't true. ;)

Not to mention the fact that I hate to be standing on a stage in ANY way. *shudder* I cannot talk in front of people.

Too bad. You prob. could've gone to all the cons which feature English speakers as your English is so good.

Too bad. You prob. could've gone to all the cons which feature English speakers as your English is so good.

Well I don't feel comfortable among too many people, so, that would be more like nightmares than good experiences for me, I'm afraid. I would, however, gladly show up at a convention that has only one certain actor as a guest (if such a convention ever came into existence) and act as his personal translator for a few days, lol. That would be something I'd love to do! ;)

Edited by Mrs.Picard

;) does that include nights. :blush2:

Now, now! I'm not his type, I'm afraid. :P Not to mention the fact that I'm not THAT kind of fan. ;)

Edited by Mrs.Picard

It has less to do with morals (I can be a naughty person if sufficiently provoked, lol) but more to do with me refusing to be that kind of fan who wants nothing more than to be dragged into a hotel room by their favorite actor. I'm not exactly fond of most straight men anyway, so, I wouldn't have any problems with telling him what I think of him for his hotel room suggestion. Not that he'd make it, of course, as I said, I'm not his type, that much is certain, but I always make sure anyway to tell people that I'm not that kind of fan. There are way too many fans like that already. (Needless to say that I don't get along with them at all.) And honestly, I think Sir Patrick can do better than to ask FANS to join him in a hotel room. I've never heard even the slightest rumor that he actually does this or has done this, so, I doubt that. He'd be way too afraid of the fan calling the tabloids afterwards, I'd say. He's become rather cautious after what happened in the 90s during TNG when he faced the full force of how brutal paparazzi and the tabloids can be. He mostly even refuses to discuss personal life stuff in interviews these days and I like it that way, it's no one's business but his own. /ramble

So, in a nutshell: Translator for him, yes. One dinner, maybe (would love to just talk to him for a while). Hotel room night, no. ;)

Thank you for the info, I love it when I find out more about what a person thinks and believes. Also I hope I am not on your not fond list of straight men.