Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Picard

The Sir Patrick Stewart Topic

This deserves special attention, which is why I'm making a second entry instead of editing the entry above:

ASK SIR PATRICK STEWART A QUESTION!

What a wonderful idea! :congrats:

Very cool. I may do this. So far, I'm considering a question about Tony Blair's new book: if Patrick has read it and his thoughts on what Blair says about the Labor Party in it.

Mrs. Picard, are YOU asking him a question???

Yes, I sent my question in... I don't know if he'll choose to answer it, though. It's kinda obscure. lol

I like yours - I'd be interested to hear his thoughts on Blair's book as well, especially since he has always been a strong supporter of Blair (minus the Iraq war). He also supported David Miliband, the more Blair-like candidate for Labour Party leadership. (I'm glad Miliband's brother Ed won. Red Ed. Haha.) I'd also love to hear Sir Patrick's thoughts on the general anti-Blair mood that seems to be dominating the UK these days. I wanted to read Blair's book, too - but NOT for that price. It's insanely expensive. :congrats:

-----

Sir Patrick talks about throat infection and how he keeps his voice the way it is: Here.

Edited by Mrs.Picard

Didn't know you'd started the topic here, Mrs. P. Should have.... :congrats:

:clap:

I run quite a few Sir Patrick topics, yes. On Twitter as well and there's also a blogspot site. I try to keep people informed pretty much everywhere, lol.

No matter how hard I tried I could not get my question to send. :(

That really sucks... maybe you could try and send them an e-mail with your question?

I am certain they will get lots of intersting questions. Please let us know when he gives the answers.

I will definitely do so... if the news about the answers comes my way, that is! :congrats:

--------------

Sir Patrick speaks with WQXR's Elliott Forrest over here (on the right side of the page, click on the link for the video)! I has a screencap, too:

adorablescreenshot.png

And

is a video for the AJWS in which he appears.

A look at the DUNE making of: Here.

Here's a screencap of Gurney Halleck Sir Patrick having lunch *snicker*:

haaaaair1.png

I always though Patrick did a fine job as Guerney Halleck and that the film had a number of very good actors. However, I had read the book already: if you hadn't the film was quite confusing. I knew that the film was in trouble when it was shown - in a theater with just 11 other people watching ....

I always though Patrick did a fine job as Guerney Halleck and that the film had a number of very good actors. However, I had read the book already: if you hadn't the film was quite confusing. I knew that the film was in trouble when it was shown - in a theater with just 11 other people watching ....

He did a GREAT job, yes, absolutely! The movie pretty much failed back then, yeah. It is confusing. I had never read the book and it confused the hell outta me when I saw it for the first time. I managed to read the book about half a year ago and it all FINALLY became clear then. lol I also find it rather disappointing that we only saw Gurney the warrior but not Gurney the poet or Gurney the musician. There were a few scenes here and there, but the movie Gurney Halleck was nowhere near the novel Gurney Halleck when it comes to creativity and all. (This is something Sir Patrick found to be disappointing as well, by the way.) The movie should have been a LOT longer. Maybe a two or three part movie, like Lord of the Rings. Then it might have worked better.

Now THERE'S an idea...

When interviewed with Broadway.com reader questions for his upcoming Ask a Star video, Stewart was asked if he’d ever consider doing a musical.

“Yes!” he responded, without pause. OK, which role? “I’ve always wanted to play Henry Higgins in My Fair Lady.”

Taken from here.

Well his voice WILL be featured in an animated musical movie next year, but I don't know if his character will actually get the chance to sing. (I sure hope he will! I love Sir Patrick singing!) And it's obviously not the same as a Broadway musical. :congrats: I'd love to see it, too.

Edited by Mrs.Picard

Whoa, he's keeping me busy today. Here is yet another gem in which he talks about his different A Life In The Theatre costumes. The most amusing excerpt, an anecdote I had not heard before...

This costume mishap reminds him of “one ghastly winter’s night when the train to Stratford was held up; this was before cellphones. The train finally pulled in at around 10 minutes to 7 and the curtain went up at 7:30. I raced along the platform to where the taxis were, and there were 50 to 100 people ahead of me. Shouting, ‘Theatrical emergency, theatrical emergency!’ I pushed someone away and grabbed their taxi. I got to the theater about five minutes after the curtain should have gone up. Standing outside my dressing room was the brilliant Corin Redgrave, my understudy, wearing my costume — which luckily was only a toga, since we were doing ‘Julius Caesar.’ I remember ripping it off him and saying ‘Get out of those things!’ But he understood.”

:congrats::clap: :(

More news... this time it's somewhat bad news, though...

A Life in the Theatre, starring Patrick Stewart and T.R. Knight, is closing early. The first-ever Broadway production, directed by Neil Pepe, of David Mamet’s 1977 valentine to the stage will close at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre on November 28. The limited engagement was originally scheduled to play through January 2, 2011.

(Source)

:congrats:

Well I think being famous does help one get Knighted. But from what I have read and seen reported Patrick Stewart is reasonably good guy. I not seen or read anything to make think Mick Jagger is.

Click here in order to have a look at a recent picture of Sir Patrick Stewart visiting a Royal Navy ship. (The tie is NOOOOO. :congrats: )

Now I am embarassed to say, I really like that tie. Must be an age thing

:clap:

I think it's the most awful tie he's ever worn. It doesn't fit to the shirt either. I'm not a big fashion person (I always wear black, everything fits that way, lol) but reeeaaally... that tie is... LOUD. I wonder where he bought it or if it was a gift or something. It must be new, I've never seen him wearing it before.

*shudders in complete and utter horror at the mere thought* lol

Can that monstrosity of a tie stand out even more, though? :congrats:

It was on the Daring ... so it was a very daring tie choice! :clap:

I wouldn't put it past him to choose the tie because of exactly THAT.

A new interview with Sir Patrick can be found here. He talks about filming Macbeth & the current Broadway crisis.